Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Recent release of App Studio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Recent release of App Studio
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Before I make my comment I will say that I've always been a strong proponent of WEBFocus and I always will. Having been employed by them for almost 20 years, I've seen many good things and some bad come out of New York. In the past couple years I have to say that there have been more issues (on new releases) then there has been in quite awhile. Where is their testing process? I've had clients that have had very strict and rigid testing procedures before anything went into production. I think that's missing.

Now that we've just installed 8203 on our test server, I've found 3-4 basic things (in the 1st couple days) that no longer work. Also, just wait to you get a look of the new reporting server console. It has a completely different look to it, not even close to the previous console or even the WF Admin Console. I know that design is subjective, but in my opinion (and our admin), it's hideous.

Thanks for listening and letting me vent but I need to get back to my development.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 55 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: March 01, 2018Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
What things did you find ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Les J, are you going to Summit? You'll be able to share this with all the product people from IB.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
"share this with all the product people from IB" In my humble/honest opinion, this does not get you anywhere.

Since I won't be seeing an 8.2.03 reporting server console in the near future, I'd love to see a screenshot.

It used to be that big changes showed up in big releases, now they show up in n.n.0n releases.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I will be at summit.

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 55 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: March 01, 2018Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:
It used to be that big changes showed up in big releases, now they show up in n.n.0n releases.

And bug fixes aren't backpatched to older releases either. The only route to get rid of bugs plaguing you is to upgrade to a new release, often with all kinds of big changes that you have to test a growing number of reports against. There's no (feature) stability. It's a huge PITA.

I suppose I'm spoiled by all those great Open Source projects that do provide stability. It's a bit contrary to expectations.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Summit 2018: I'll be hosting one of the Focal Point Tables on Wednesday for Lunch and One on Thursday for Breakfast. Be sure to meet there for more fun and excitement...

We can coordinate meetings with Kathleen at the Focal Point Booth or the registration desk as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Save me a seat @ both Doug.

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Wep5622,

Whole-heartedly agree. We are SICK of no stability in the product and them deciding to make their paying customers their un-paid QA team for products that should have NEVER seen the light of day until things were in FULLY functional order. This adding to our now fully supported by management quest to evolve beyond the need for 3rd party support. If anything, IBI has created an excellent way/engine to push other companies forward in their own advancements in technology. Thanks IBI!! lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Cool Guy, I distinctly remember my knuckles tingling from them being rapped by your reply to one of my slightly negative but hopefully helpful comments, where you explained that you were working with IB product managers and were hopeful for great things. What happened?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

PMed you.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
CoolGuy, Please include me in that:
quote:
PMed you

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post