Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] PushOK Problems

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] PushOK Problems
 Login/Join

posted
We have recently rolled out version control for Developer Studio in our environments in order to track previous versions of reports and help to prevent developers overwriting one another's changes. We are using Apache 2.2 with mod_svn to act as the Subversion server, PushOK SVNSCC for SCC compliance, and TortoiseSVN for the underlying Subversion client.

Everything seems to work fine, except that occasionally, a developer will drill into a domain and see that none of the files are under source control -- when in fact, the entire domain's resources ARE under source control. There doesn't seem to be any easy way to reconcile this aside from wiping out the developer's working directory, yanking out the SCC bridge to PushOK, and then reconfiguring it; and even then, it doesn't always solve the problem.

I have configured PushOK's settings in accordance with what I found in WebFOCUS documentation, and yet we continually run into this problem. Does anyone know anything that we can try in order to resolve this? I've been banging my head against a wall for what seems like forever now.

Thanks,

Todd

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Test & Prod: WF 7.6.9 | Server OS: Windows Server 2003 | Web Server: Apache Tomcat/6.0.20 | Components: Managed Reporting, Report Caster

Posts: 13 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 25, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You'll be better off opening a case with IBI's tech support.

I can't speak for others but my previous couple of experiences in the past trying to integrate Dev Studio with Subversion were not successful and I stopped trying out of frustration.

Now, if you do get a solution to this it would be really appreciated if you could post the details of the solutions for others (such as myself) to dare and defy the issue again.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Integration of Subversion with Dev Studio is flaky at best. Not really surprising, as it relies on some protocol that Microsoft keeps secret (probably in hopes that you will use their version control "solution").

We ended up using version control from outside Dev Studio, which works just fine. It's not Subversion but Mercurial, as we needed version control on VMS systems as well and it's better to use a single piece of software than two for the same purpose Wink

I am getting a bit hesitant to suggest Mercurial to people though - I'm writing this just after a lot of work around an out of memory error of the client, because some FOCUS-files snuck into our repository (bound to happen sooner or later) and Hg insisted on comparing the revision without the file and the one with it in memory. It handled the error gracefully, rolling back the transaction and everything, but I couldn't update past that revision in my local clone. Really annoying...

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
An SCC-compliant solution is our only option; I don't imagine our analysts are going to want to learn to use SVN without the plugin holding their hands (and without DevStudio integration, since "vanilla" SVN would involve switching back and forth rather often).

All of the actions (check in, check out, compare versions, revert, etc.) work just fine -- it's the supposedly-automated checking of the status of the files (as to whether or not they are version controlled, and if so, what state they are in) that doesn't seem to be firing as it should. Even developers whose machines showed all domains under source control initially are beginning to experience problems when cracking domains open in DevStudio that appear to be unversioned.

At any rate, I suppose I'll be putting in a ticket.

Cheers,

Todd

Test & Prod: WF 7.6.9 | Server OS: Windows Server 2003 | Web Server: Apache Tomcat/6.0.20 | Components: Managed Reporting, Report Caster

Posts: 13 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 25, 2008Report This Post