Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Hiding some column values

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Hiding some column values
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am generating a report in which I want to get drill down for three different columns based on some conditions.
Drill Down Requirements

 Region  Group: Data is only displayed for the group selected in the drilldown. No Region info is displayed.
 Alarms: Data is displayed at the region level for Alarms
 HQ Building Services: Data is displayed for each of the HQ locs
• 0591 - Northern Campus
• 0549 - Target Plaza
• 0508 - Target Financial Services
• 9420 - Target Financial Services-Tempe
• 0501 - City Center

For this I am using for different fields. First filed is used for grouping. Rest will be used for drill downs.Now I want to suppress rest of the values for other groups in a column. How could I do this?

Regards

WebFocus 7.1.4, Windows Server 2005 , HTML/EXL/PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
TABLE FILE XXX
PRINT
FIELDA NOPRINT
FIELDB NOPRINT
BY FIELDC

END

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Deepa497, NOPRINT hides the entire column, If you want to hide some values of a column I need to see your code example to see what exactly you want to hide in the report. Solution could be to add a WHERE , or put that field as BY so you don't see duplicate values again etc..

-Yogesh Patel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WF 764 on Linux Apache tomcat v5.5
DEV: WF 768 on Linux

Posts: 42 | Location: Edison, New Jersey | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Yogesh,

We have four fields :
JPM_TRAN_TYPE_C,
ISS_GL_LOC_I,
REGN_REF_I,
GRP_REF_I
Now we have to group by JPM_TRAN_TYPE_C.Within the fiels we have four values - Alarms,Building Services,HQ and Roofing.
Out of this for Alarms I need a drill down only for REGN_REF_I.
For Building Services It should be broken into REGN_REF_I and then GRP_REF_I which should have a drill down.
For HQ and Roofing it should have only data corresponding to ISS_GL_LOC_I(as for other fields the value is NULL)and it should have a drill down.

How to hide values for REGN_REF_I,GRP_REF_I for HQ and Roofing?
Similarly, how to hide values for GRP_REF_I for Alarms?

Thanks
Deepa

WebFocus 7.1.4, Windows Server 2005 , HTML/EXL/PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Deepa

what do you mean by "drill down" is that an other report or do you want something like this

-* File drilreport.fex
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
     SALES
     DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
SUM
     SALES
     DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
BY BODYTYPE
SUM
     SALES
     DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
BY BODYTYPE
BY SEATS
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET EXPANDABLE ON
ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS 'TOTAL'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

(you can run this and see if it works)

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post