Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MRE and -INCLUDEs
 Login/Join

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Hi,

Anyone else bothered by these annoying comments that get added when performing a -INCLUDE in a fex run inside MRE?

-SET &XDIM = DECODE A1 (
-* mrcgi -INCLUDE XXXR200
-* mrcgi include begin XXXR200
-0032JMDUMLAB
-0033JMDUMLAB
-0034JMDUMLAB
-0035JMDUMLAB

This is annoying because if you begin a DECODE statement and then do a -INCLUDE to include the decode values, you get an error because comments (and those weird lines) are inserted before the included code.

It appears this is occuring only when using Servlets, not when using the CGI call.

Any one know how to suppress this?

Regards,

Pietro.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
Hi Pietro.

Can we see the original request which produced this? For example, HOW was the -INCLUDE coded originally?

Monica

Smiler

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Pietro,
The purpose of the labels (32 of them) that are added by the WF Servlet during processing of MR requests that contain -INCLUDES are to flush the WF Server Table Services (core FOCUS) label cache. In Table Services it remembers (caches) the last 32 labels and this could potentially cause a conflict in the processing of the MR request navigating to the wrong label if the main MR FEX and any of the -INCLUDEd MR FEX(s)reference the same labels. This conflice would occur in the case of running a My Report based on a Reporting Object because of the processing involved to build the MR request for a My Report.
I've coordinated a project for Rel 53 (next new feature release due out end of summer 2004) to have this internal processing changed because of the significant offset to the line number reference for core FOCUS errors. I'm not aware of the DECODE problem you noted and that should be reported to Information Builders Customer Support with a reproduction so that IBI can evaluate it in both the release your using and with the changes in processing in Rel 53.
In Rel 53 each MR FEX will be written to the WF Server as a separate FEX maintaining its original FEX named stored in MR with the exception of a My Report where the My Report and the Reporting Object have the exact same FEX name. The FEX name is possible because the Reporting Object FEX and the My Report FEX are stored in two separate locations. I'm working with development to define a solution for this senario to insure uniqueness of all the FEX names that are run for the MR request. There will be documenation prepared for Rel 53 (Beta 3 of Rel 53 includes Managed Reporting) to inform customers of this change in MR request processing for WF Servlet, why it was done and explain the internals.
I hope this answers your question and please report your DECODE problem to IB Customer Support so that it can be investigated.
Regards,
Susan Trommer
Director WebFOCUS Product Management Operations

Expert
posted Hide Post
yes Pietro, but here's how i get around it.
Inside every one of my -include fexes, i do this:
-SET &HOLDECHO = &ECHO ;
-SET &ECHO = OFF ;
..do lots of stuff
-SET &ECHO = &HOLDECHO ;

and that very nicely stops all that.
You can do this inside each includable, or,
surrounding each call to an includable.
and the status of your echo setting is maintained.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Susan and Susannah,

Thanks for your input.

I will report the DECODE problem to IBI.

Regards,

Pietro.

Report This Post
<kay hume>
posted
Talking about -includes here, in the MRE where do you put the include.fex so that all users in all domains can get to it? Can someone tell me how to do that?
Thanks
Kay

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
For common code includes, we at UNO have been putting them under the MRE 'other files' section of the domain. Supposedly your app path should handle finding it anywhere, but that doesn't always seem to work.

We have a 'work around' for printing to our mainframe for example we have to put

-INCLUDE multrpt

at the end of the fex

So to ensure the multirpt is only touched by a domain administrator, it is stored/created under the other files section of the directory tree built by WebFOCUS for a domain.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
If you want a file to be available to all the users and only have one copy, I would place the file on your WebFOCUS server somewhere on the EDAPATH. By doing this every user in any domain will be calling the same file. Placing the file on the server and not in the MRE will change your call to that file it will look something like this, -MRNOEDIT INCLUDE filename.fex

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post