Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] FOOTING on webfocus style sheet

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] FOOTING on webfocus style sheet
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We need to add a footer on every page that says "confidential". Instead of changing every fex, is there a way I can do to a webfocus style sheet (.sty) to put that code in? like TYPE=FOOTING...

thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

wf 7.6.11
unix aix
active reports, HTML, Excel, Text and PDF formats

Guru
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you need an include fex that does that. The stylesheet could then style the footing element.

-INCLUDE FOOTER.FEX

FOOTER.FEX
[FOOTING] <-- Not sure you want to have that in the include unless your 'confidential' is on every page
"Confidential"

Release: WebFOCUS 7.6.8
Output formats: HTML, PDF, Excel, csv

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
thank you; but as I said, I was hoping I do not need to go into every fex to make change. With an include, I still need to go in every fex and do the -include change. Therefore, I was hoping there is a style change available. As all the fexes already use the style sheet, all I have to do is make change to the stylesheet.

wf 7.6.11
unix aix

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You're looking for the stylesheet to add content. One way is to have it add a a suitable image as a watermark, which could give the effect of
FOOTING CENTER BOTTOM
"CONFIDENTIAL"

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
thanks. That is my original thinking. I thought I would ask if there is a beter way to do the style sheet besides the image idea. I could be wrong but I always have the impression that image takes more time to download than mere text.

wf 7.6.11
unix aix

Guru
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Another approach would be to have a standard style sheet that positions a small Confidential .gif on the page where you want it. That would reduce the download time. It does have to be a full page watermark.

Or an image could be the background for just the footer.

Keep exploring.

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
well if you reprots alreday reference a single external style sheet themn yues you can do that by changing the stytle sheet fex but if they dont then you will have to go in and change every fex

do you have any strings which appear in all of your fexes? preferable at the bottom? if you did have a pattern you could use ReplaceEm to search through all your fexes replacing the string with you call to the stylesheet fex, but obviously you'll need something you can replace...

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP
Output: mostly HTML, also Excel and PDF

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor

Posts: 285 | Location: UK | Registered: October 26, 2007Report This Post