Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Summit Agenda
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Anyone know when the Summit Agenda will be posted?

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2k3

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
send a mail to

summit@ibi.com

I like to know the answer to....

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This is all I was able to get yesterday (I e-mailed to find this out also).

The sessions begin at 2:00pm on Sunday the 20th and end at 3:30 on Thursday the 24th of May.

An agenda will be available online very soon.

webfocus 8.105M; os: windows; pdf, html, exl2k, csv

Posts: 179 | Registered: November 10, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I will be in Las Vegas and I'm looking forward to meet you all.
I hope there is a special Focal Point Meeting Room....

Frank

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I plan on being there as well. There is usually a Birds-of-a-Feather table at some of the meals which has a table for Focal Point. I also recall there being a Focal Point reception one night.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
and 3 of us, Tony, Francis and I, are giving a joint presentation, on Coding Standards, .. so we would love to see all of you there.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
See you folks there. I'm relatively new to Focal Point, but am looking forward to putting faces to names. Have picked up quite a few tips/pointers over the past 5-6 months. Thanks all.

Diptesh
WF 7.1.7 - AIX, MVS

Posts: 79 | Location: Warren, NJ, USA | Registered: October 25, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hello All - I hope everyone is doing well and will be at Summit. The Summit agenda is scheduled to be posted by this Friday on http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/summit/index.html

As soon as it's posted I will post a message to the forum.

Thanks
KathleenSmiler

Posts: 391 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone, looking forward to Summit and Susannah, Tony and pFrancis's presentation!

Kathleen, thanks so much! Summit@ibi.com is not answering emails??

We've tried about 6 times. Can you tell us if there's going to be a companion program and how to sign up a companion?

Thanks so much! Carol

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Carol,
I had also posed the question about the companion program and received the reply that it was not being offered this year as there is no offsite scheduled. You would be paying for meals only and the estimated cost would be $400.00 per person so it is less expensive for the attendee to get their companion meals elsewhere.

Expert
posted Hide Post
we had wondered the same, They're making it sound so depressing .... but we weren't concerned about meals... it was just the Tuesday night party that we wanted to be able to bring our companions to, the Sunday night reception, and there's usually a Sunday trip to something like Hoover Dam, at an extra cost.
Last time in Vegas the Tuesday night party was just a barbeque on the hotel deck, which was just fine, it doesn't need to be actually off the site to be fun. And the whole reason we bring our 'Others' is just so they can meet all our work friends..

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Cindy, thank you, well that stinks!!!! There will be some really disappointed folks out there.

Carol

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This will be my first summit....Looking forward to it...

WebFOCUS 8201M/Windows Platform

Guru
posted Hide Post
I found this posted in the FAQ section of Summit 2007

Q. Can I bring a guest to the conference?

A. The companion program allows you to bring an adult friend or family member to several Summit 2007 events. Companion tickets can be purchased on-site at the conference registration desk.

Master
posted Hide Post
Hello All - The agenda will not be posted on the website until next week. If this changes I will let everyone know. I assure everyone that the agenda is going to be great!

Yes, there will be a companion program however, tickets can be purchased onsite and the price will be available at that time.

No offsite this year but it's Vegas!
Kathleen Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,

Posts: 391 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
kathleen, does that mean no Tuesday evening dinner event?

Master
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delayed response.
Sunday Evening - Welcome Reception
Monday Evening - Beer/Wine Reception
Tuesday night is open
Wed Evening - Ask Gerry

The Focal Point booth will be setup during the Solutions Pavilion as well.

I hope this helps.

KathleenSmiler

http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/summit07/SummitPackages07.pdf

Gold member
posted Hide Post
The agenda has been posted.

Diptesh
WF 7.1.7 - AIX, MVS

Posts: 79 | Location: Warren, NJ, USA | Registered: October 25, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ad Hoc Reporting: Beyond MRE
Diptesh Patel, Chubb & Son
Tuesday 9:45AM - 10:45AM

I see you will hold a presentation.
I will join your session!

Frank

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Diptesh Patel:
The agenda has been posted.

Yep. Looks like it's there but no details behind the sessions yet and no way to organize the agenda except by type. Looks like they're still working on it... (I hope).

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 230 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi All - Yes, the agenda is up http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/summit07/agenda.html and they are still adding/changing some items.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekendSmiler
Kathleen