Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Odd Calendar Control bug in HTML pages created/saved in 7.6.11 HTML Composer

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Odd Calendar Control bug in HTML pages created/saved in 7.6.11 HTML Composer
 Login/Join

posted
We only recently updated to 7.6.11 about two months ago, and I've just now noticed an odd glitch on the handful of MR filter pages that we've created/saved in Composer after the 7.6.11 update. Filter pages created in our prior version(s) (7.6.8 and older) do not seem affected.

The glitch:
Almost all of our filter pages have "Begin" and "End" date fields to set the timeframe of the report, which we've all made control type "Calendar" (the little textbox with a calendar icon next to it, that you can either just type in a date, click the icon to pick dates with the little calendar pop-up).

If I first enter a set of dates via the calendar icon and run the report (say 1/1/2010 to 1/31/2010), they'll pass to the report as expected. However, if I then go back to the filter page, and change these dates to, say 2/1/2010 to 2/28/2010--but via typing directly in the textbox instead--when I run the report a second time, the filter page has ignored my typed in dates and again just passes the prior 1/1/2010 - 1/31/2010 values. If I go back to using the calendar icon, it works properly. Alternately, if I never use the calendar icon, and only type in my dates, it works consistently too.

Has anyone else on 7.6.11 encountered this/is able to reproduce this? Any known workarounds?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Eric_H,

WebFOCUS 7.6.11
Windows2k3/SQL Server 2005
Output: HTML, Excel, PDF

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Welcome to that silly funny bug.
We upgraded to 7.7.1 last week and noticed it.
We opened a case with IBI and they forwarded to product division, but have not got any patch.
Don't know why they have to change the basic functionality and how they passed it with out doing basic unit testing. It is really...

WebFocus 7.7.01
Desktop: Windows and Server: Unix
Excel, HTML, PDF

Posts: 69 | Registered: September 12, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is really...

You've got me in suspense right there ...

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Odd

Is it odd that I couldn't search for the recent post regards to exact calendar control problem in 7.6.11?

Is it odd to find so many old posts regards to calendar control problems?

Confused has odd became a norm? I envy the people live without the HTML painter.

Sorry for off-topic, there is a fix for this release.

Hua

Developer Studio 7.6.11
AS400 - V5R4
HTML,PDF,XLS

Posts: 305 | Location: Winnipeg,MB | Registered: May 12, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened a case with IBI and heard back that this bug should be fixed in 7.6.12... although DD's post that it's still present in 7.7.1 is disconcerting.

Hua, are you saying that you've obtained a fix for this in 7.6.11?

WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Guru
posted Hide Post
Yes. There is a fix for 7.6.11.

Developer Studio 7.6.11
AS400 - V5R4
HTML,PDF,XLS

posted Hide Post
Is it contained within "Developer Studio: 7611 HotFix 3", located in the "My Downloads/Shipments" section of http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/ ?

(apologies if I'm a bit dense about this, I tend to stick to report development while my cohorts are more familiar with the software upgrading side of things)

WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hua,
How and where did you get the fix?

Thanks,
DD

WebFocus 7.7.01
Excel, HTML, PDF

Guru
posted Hide Post
DD
With the help of our salerep. I had a case confirmed with the bug but they told me to wait til next release. So I am really suprised that you still have the bug.
Hua

Developer Studio 7.6.11
AS400 - V5R4
HTML,PDF,XLS

posted Hide Post
Since it'll be quite awhile before we upgrade to 7.6.12 at our office to confirm if this is fixed in that version as I and Hua were told from the cases we opened, I'm going to mark this [CLOSED] for the time being. (If anyone has 7.6.12 to confirm in the meantime, please don't hesitate to chime in).

WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Eric/Hua,
Finally we have got the calendar fix from Product team yesterday and is working great.
Thanks to my manager who pushed IBI hard to get us a fix fast. So Please talk to support team.

Thanks,
DD

WebFocus 7.7.01
Excel, HTML, PDF