Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Questions on MRE

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Questions on MRE
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,

I am working on creating domains, groups, roles and users in MRE admin page. I can see the following files under the basedir being used for storing the properties of mre.
mrrepos.htm
role.htm
user.htm
and a seperate file being created for every individual user.
I would like to know how these files are assiciated with the mre properties being set. For example, If I add a new domain, mrrepos.htm file gets reflected with the new domain created.Do we configure this some where ?
Also can we store these information in tables instead of htm files ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Windows

Using all the above

Expert
posted Hide Post
Is it in the new release that this info is stored in tables ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
No, I am asking if its possible to store this information in tables instead of files.
I am using webfocus version 769.

Windows

Using all the above

Guru
posted Hide Post
Yes, look into External Authorization for security.

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Some of this information can be stored in tables now if you choose an external Managed Reporting Repository:
WF Admin Console -> Configuration -> MR Security
(Set the settings in External Directories, choose them under General)

Even if you store things in an external repository mrrepos.htm is still read (Though most of the data pulled from the database), as are the domain folder and user HTM files.

Within WebFOCUS 8.0 there is talk of moving all of this over to the repository so it does not sit on the local file structure.

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I was able to configure the setting to point to a database. But I am not which table will have the settings.I think the tables will automatically be created by Webfocus. If so can you please let me know which table will have the users and domain info.
Also, what will happen to the existing users which is now in the form of files.Can it be migrated to the tables by any means ?

Thanks
Priya.

Windows

Using all the above

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I was able to identify the tables. But I have two questions :
1.How to migrate the existing users that is stored in files to the tables.
2. I can see an option called "USER.SELF.AUTHENTICATION" which by default is "FALSE". This way it is said that the when the USER log into MRE with a user ID and Password, this info will be compared with the details available in the WF_MRUSERS table.
But I dont understand what will happen if I set the "USER.SELF.AUTHENTICATION" to "TRUE". Can you pls let me know how this works ?

Thanks
Priya.

Windows

Using all the above

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Priya,
There is presently not a tool for converting from internal security to external security.

If:

USER.SELF.AUTHENTICATION

is set to true then whether a user is valid or not will be determined by if the credentials supplied are valid credentials for the database itself.

When it is set to false (the default), static credentials are used to connect to the database and valid credentials are determined based on the userid and password actually in the database tables.

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post