Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]about using Global variable in filter...

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]about using Global variable in filter...
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

I have following global variable within edasprof.prf :

-SET &&LAST_M = DTADD( '&DATEYYMDm' , MONTH, -1);
-SET &&LAST_MD = DTADD('&DATEYYMDm', DAY, -1);
-SET &&THIS_MONTH_FIRST_DAY = EDIT(&YYMD,'9999$$$$') | EDIT(&YYMD,'$$$$99$$') | '01';

So what I expected for each of value, should be:

&&LAST_M = '2020/08/01' given YYMD type
&&LAST_MD = '2020/08/31' given YYMD type
&&THIS_MONTH_FIRST_DAY = '20200801' given A8

and as following with:

&&LAST_M = 43,678.00 (without given type)
&&LAST_MD = 43,708.00 (without given type)
&&THIS_MONTH_FIRST_DAY = 20,2009,901.00 (without given type) 

when I try using above global variable within SQL like:

SQL PREPARE SQLIN FROM 
SELECT 
   T1.product_id 
FROM 
   order_list T1 
 WHERE 
   T1.shipping_date < '&&LAST_M' 
END

and I get following error:

1  FILE(S) LOADED
(FOC14050) DATE IS EXPECTED ON LINE 27 AT ''43678''
(FOC009) Request failed validation, not executed.

I assuming &&LAST_M should be '2020/08/01' but as it appear it does not.
So I'm guessing within SQL the global variable is not given as Date type(where &&LAST_M = 43678) to compare as date format. Is there a way to SET global variable as Date format WITHOUT Define any field to specify format for &&LAST_M?(Or any other specific format)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nox,

WebFOCUS v8.2.06 , Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
43678 is the number of days that 2020/08/01 is after the base date. You can convert this to a YYMD date with the DATECVT function.
-SET &&LAST_M = DATECVT( DTADD('&DATEYYMDm' , MONTH, -1), 'MDYY', 'A8YYMD');
-TYPE &&LAST_M 

If you need to have the slashes in the date:
-SET &&LAST_M = EDIT( DATECVT( DTADD('&DATEYYMDm' , MONTH, -1), 'MDYY', 'A8YYMD'), '9999/99/99');
-TYPE &&LAST_M 

Or you may find it simpler to use the AYM function:
-SET &&LAST_M = AYM(&DATEYY.EVAL&DATEM.EVAL, -1, 'I6YYM') ;
-SET &&LAST_M = EDIT(&&LAST_M, '9999/99/01') ;
-TYPE &&LAST_M 

WebFOCUS 8.2.06

Posts: 210 | Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan | Registered: October 19, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome, thank you dbeagan!

WebFOCUS v8.2.06 , Windows