Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Bursting HTML compound report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Bursting HTML compound report
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have compound Master/Detail report. It works if I run it from WF 7.1.6. I need to do distribution and bursting. I use ReportCaster. I'm getting errors from ReportCaster -
No burst value found in the report
No burst value found in Eda output
I tried to do bursting separately for every report included in compound report and it works. So it looks like the issue is not in report, but it is in using bursting with compound report. Below I included (1) code for compound report that you can use with ReportCaster to recreate errors when you do bursting; (2) code for one of the reports from that compound report that works with ReportCaster.
Can I do bursting of a compound HTML report in ReportCaster v7.1.6?

-* (1) ReportCaster bursting for this report doesn't work
TABLE FILE CAR
"REPORT 1 - BY COUNTRY"
PRINT CAR MODEL
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT HTMTABLE AS REPORT1
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=HEADING,STYLE=BOLD,COLOR=RED,$
ENDSTYLE
END
TABLE FILE CAR
"REPORT 2 - BY COUNTRY"
PRINT CAR BODYTYPE
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT HTMTABLE AS REPORT2
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=HEADING,STYLE=BOLD,COLOR=BLUE,$
ENDSTYLE
END
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.REPORT1;
!IBI.FIL.REPORT2;
-HTMLFORM END

-* (2) ReportCaster bursting for this report works
TABLE FILE CAR
"REPORT 1 - BY COUNTRY"
PRINT CAR MODEL
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=HEADING,STYLE=BOLD,COLOR=RED,$
ENDSTYLE
END  

WF 7.6.4, Win XP, SQL 2005

Posts: 42 | Location: California | Registered: August 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Seva,

As far as I know you can do bursting with a compound report.
But your code is not a compoud report.
It is just two completely separate reports that you combine manually on a html page.
Compound reports are created using the compound syntax - please read the manual how to do this.

GamP

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
GamP is correct - Report Caster can only burst when there is a single output. As previously mentioned, you have two different procedures, NOT linked together in any way except displayed on the same HTML page. RC can't burst content of an HTMLFORM .

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
It is not possible to burst compound report in ReportCaster v7.1.X according to various links below -
"Information Builders confirmed that you cannot burst a compound report in 7.1 release but it should work in 7.6."
per https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...1057331/m/6731006842
"BURSTing a compound PDF report is not supported in any version of ReportCaster"
per http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/12102055.html
"WebFOCUS ReportCaster Release 7.6.0 is the first release that provides
support for coordinated compound report burst distribution in all supported
formats (PDF and DHTML)." per
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/30542542.html
Page 3-10 of ReportCaster 7.1.X manual says: Compound Reports. Cannot be burst.
Thanks

WF 7.6.4, Win XP, SQL 2005

Posts: 42 | Location: California | Registered: August 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Seva

what you however call a master / detail report can also be created as a single report and then it can be bursted.
It will however ask a total different approach.

your former question was on this issue

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...661004942#2661004942

You can create the report as one report, as Leah explained.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post