Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] How to Create a Group View Dashboard

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] How to Create a Group View Dashboard
 Login/Join

posted
I need to create a new Group View Dashboard,but when I go into Viewbuilder and choose Group View/Add there are no items to select in the dropdown.
We use Active Directory for security so I cannot use MRE Administration to create a Group with MRE. We currently have 4 Group View Dashboards and after talking to someone in IBI Support I would expect to see all AD Groups that do not have a Group View Dashboard in the dropdown but the dropdown is blank. The person who originally created the 4 Group View Dashboards no longer works here so I cannot ask her.

Does anyone have any experience creating a Group View Dashboard using Active Directory security?

I am a MRE Adminstrator and we have version 7.17 of WebFOCUS installed.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

FYI, Denise has a case opened regarding this issue. Here is the input in the case:

If the dropdown is blank confirm that you have added a group in MRE User Administration, this must be done in order to see a Group in that dropdown. There is only one Group View allowed per group.

As far as setting up the Groups, Users, Domains on the MRE side review page 41 in the MRE Admin Manual:

WebFOCUS Managed Reporting Administrator's Manual 7.6.1 & higher

Being that you are configured with Active Directory there are a few things that can effect the way you would add a GROUP VIEW/GROUPS etc. Depending on how your AD is configured will determine how to setup the groups. Determine your AD for Authorization and Authentication, if Authorization is set to AD then the MR Groups, Domains, ETC are setup only in Active Directory(AD) and NOT with the MR tools. If you are configured for AD
Athnetication, then you would set the MR Groups, Domains, ETCin both MRE and AD.

Denise, if you have an update on testing, can you please kindly post it here? Thank you for sharing with all.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post