Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to add multiple measure to a ring chart

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to add multiple measure to a ring chart
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

What I am trying to achieve is that I have a row in my DB that has different costs (Labor_costs, Material_Costs, equipment_costs) associated with a project.

What I want to be able to do is have a ring chart that shows the project name but each segment of the ring shows the different costs.
I did find a way to do it but I had to rearrange the way the data was presented.

Currently my data is in a single row

Project_Name| labor_cost | Material_cost | Equipment_cost |

project A 100 200 1000
project B 300 400 2000
project C 500 600 3000

I quickly created an excel and repeated the project name and added 2 additional columns - one with the name of the cost and another with the value.

PROJECT_NAME | COST_TYPE | COST |

project A Labor 100
project A Material 200
project A Equipment 1000

and so forth

This of course worked and gave me what I want.

So my question is - How can I rearrange my data structure so that I can fulfill the graph requirements.

Many thanks in advance

MK

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MAK,

WebFOCUS 8203M
O/S Windows 7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There is several ways to do it, here one to have it in a new data source (create rows with columns)
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RETAIL_COST/P8 AS 'MEAS'
BY COUNTRY
BY TOTAL COMPUTE TITLE /A10 = 'RETAIL';
ON TABLE HOLD AS RETDATA
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DEALER_COST/P8 AS 'MEAS'
BY COUNTRY
BY TOTAL COMPUTE TITLE /A10 = 'DEALER';
ON TABLE HOLD AS DEALDATA
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SEATS/P8 AS 'MEAS'
BY COUNTRY
BY TOTAL COMPUTE TITLE /A10 = 'SEATS';
ON TABLE HOLD AS SEATDATA
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE RETDATA
SUM MEAS
BY COUNTRY
BY TITLE
ON TABLE HOLD AS WHOLEDATA
MORE
FILE DEALDATA
MORE
FILE SEATDATA
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE WHOLEDATA
SUM MEAS
BY COUNTRY
BY TITLE
END
-RUN

Always use the code tag when posting sample data and/or code
It's the last one on the ribbon that looks like the below
</>

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks MartinY. That approach worked perfectly.

WebFOCUS 8203M
O/S Windows 7