Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Add text to Page Footer in Stylesheet

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Add text to Page Footer in Stylesheet
 Login/Join

posted
We have standard text string like Confidential Do Not Distribute that we want to include in the page footer on every report can this be added to a stylesheet so that we do not have to manually add it to every report that is created?

I have already added an image to the stylesheet successfully but cannot find any info on adding text string.
I searched the IBI knowledge base and Focal Point but have not found any content on how to do this.
Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Prod: WF 8.005 Windows, all output formats
Dev: WF 8.005

Posts: 21 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: September 18, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
To have a text added in the footing from a style sheet I don't think that it's feasible, but why not creating another image with the phrase :
Confidential Do Not Distribute

and place it on the page ?

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sandy,

Look into parameterizing the text string you want to include in your footers, and then just add it in the report request by first including it then referencing it. Example:

procedureA.fex:

-SET &ftrText = 'text you want';

procedureB.fex:

-INCLUDE IBFS:/...../procedure.A.fex

TABLE FILE ...
ON TABLE SUBFOOT
"&ftrText"

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Using your technic CoolGuy request Sandy to open and modify each report, which is not the request.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
MartinY,

True, but I wasn't sure if there was a way for her to set text in a footer via a stylesheet. So, I gave her the next best thing I could think of for her moving forward. Then again, maybe it isn't the best solution. Just trying to help and put my 2 cents in.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try this:

TYPE = FOOTING, JUSTIFY = CENTER, TEXT = 'your text here', $

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I was not blaming you CoolGuy, everyone here is trying to help each other based on is own knowledge.

TYPE = FOOTING, JUSTIFY = CENTER, TEXT = 'your text here', $
doesn't work either.

TEXT
is not recognized in the
TYPE=FOOTING

Try it with a simple report with CAR and you'll see that it doesn't display the
TEXT
in the footing

Except if someone else can find something, I think the best solution for SandyM is for now to create an image with the text and display the image.

In Focus since 2007

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Martin,

No worries. I didn't think you were blaming me for anything. Just was clarifying. Thanks for your consideration though.

I didn't test it first, which I should have done, but was lazy. Just took a stab in the dark.

Your image solution is the best one thus far. I agree.