Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
-INCLUDE ISSUE
 Login/Join

<Vipul>
posted
I have an issue with the -include files. The included file code does not recoganize any labels in the program including it. Is this a bug or a scoping issue?

I am pasting a very simple example below:

file testinc1.fex
-* File testinc1.fex<br />-INCLUDE TESTINC2.FEX<br />-GOEXIT<br />-EXIT
file testinc2.fex
-* File TESTINC2.fex<br />-GOTO GOEXIT
if you run testinc1.fex you get the error:
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 13 IN PROCEDURE _ADHOCRQFOCEXEC *
(FOC305) SPECIFIED LABEL NOT FOUND: GOEXIT

Vipul

Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
Vipul:

Here are some previous discussions on -INCLUDE that may help?

MRE AND -INCLUDES

Problems with MRE after upgrade from 5.2.3 to 5.2.4

Not sure but thought it could possibly shed some light?
Monica

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Report This Post
<Vipul>
posted
Thanks Monica but I am not using MRE my webfocus ver is 5.2. Is this a bug which needs to be reported to IBI?

I coded around it but then you know the code becomes messy.

Vipul

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you tried?

-mrnoedit begin
-endmrnnoedit

I've never tried the go up aspect of the goto.

When you say 5.2, are you using the desk top dev studio or whatever the current name is. 5.2 to has managed reporting as well.

Don't you just love the acronyms.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
<Vipul>
posted
Hey Leah, I remember you from old focus-l days.

mrnoedit is for mre. I am using desktop for development.

Vipul

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Vipul, Hello to you. I'm on the IT Toolbox list now as well.

I copied this from the developing applications manual PDF (I have 5.2, but no server to go to yet)

A calling procedure cannot branch to a label in a called procedure, and vice versa. When a
procedure is included using the -INCLUDE command, the procedure being included (called)
has full access to variables defined in the calling procedure.
Procedures called using -INCLUDE must be in the WebFOCUS Reporting Server�s search
path. For details, see Storing and Searching for Application Files in Chapter 2, WebFOCUS.....

I guess you can't get there from here.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
vipul,
first maks sure your GOTO GOEXIT has a ; following it; i don't see it in your code.
(and you might want to get out of the habit of using -EXIT .. in case you have ReportCaster. The java version(version 5) really hates -EXITs in fexes)
second; just take the .fex off
If both your fexes are located in the same directory, then

-INCLUDE fename
works like a charm.

If your fexname gets set as an & var (more than you wanted to know, but it seems a popular question these days)
-SET &INCK = '-INCLUDE fexname';
&INCK.EVAL

works like a charm, but note:
-INCLUDE &SOMEOTHERFEXNAME
does not work at all.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Vipul>
posted
Thanks Leah for the information.
Thanks Susannah for the good webfocus coding tips.

Vipul

Report This Post