Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     -REMOTE BEGIN/END in WebFOCUS 521

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
-REMOTE BEGIN/END in WebFOCUS 521
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone been able to get code similar to this to work in WebFOCUS 5.2.1? :

REMOTE DEST=MVS Server
REMOTE USER=Valid MVS userid
REMOTE PASS=Valid MVS User Password
-REMOTE BEGIN
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD
END
-REMOTE END
TABLE FILE HOLD
PRINT *
END

Posts: 16 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have an answer for this? I find it hard to believe that no other companies execute legacy FOCEXECs that sit on the Mainframe from WebFOCUS. IBI has failed to fix the bug for me, so I was wondering if anyone worked around the problem. Thanks.

<Claudia Holanda>
posted
Hello Arthur,

As you already know, we are aware of this problem. Our developers have fixed the issue and we are in the process of testing and certifying the fix which will be available in a future WebFOCUS service Pack.

Thank you,

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Claudia. Sorry to be a pest on this issue, but this is really what's holding us back from upgrading to 5.2.x. I can get around the migration utility and APP PATH issues that I ran into, but we have hundreds of FOCEXECs in WebFOCUS that execute FOCEXECs remotely on z/OS. Once the fourth quarter rolls around, it will be impossible to do the upgrade. Our window is getting smaller by the day.

posted Hide Post
You have me curious.. Does -REMOTE only work with 5.2+ We currently are on 4.3.6.. AND does this work for both Self Service and MRE ?

Posts: 19 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: July 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
-REMOTE works fine in 4.3.6. I ran into problems with our existing code when testing 5.2.1.

posted Hide Post
Dear Arthur,

This issue has been resolved with the 5.2.2 release of the Reporting Server. The resolution requires that at minimum your HUB server is at a 5.2.2. or higher level.

Contact Customer Support Services inorder to receive download instructions for the 5.2.2 Reporting Server.

Regards,
Tony Li
WebFOCUS Senior Support Manager, CSS
Information Builders

Posts: 1 | Location: New York | Registered: July 31, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Gee, i execute remotely all day, from 436 and from 522. never had a problem.
but i do use -MRNOEDIT BEGIN
and -MRNOEDIT END
statements around my REMOTE statements.
and i do set the TEMPDIR before the REMOTE statements so that i control where i bring down my extracts.
i have found that APP PATH does get in the way of the TEMPDIR , so i only exectute from an MRE domain that does NOT have an APP PATH set.
and i'm running ancient focus on my remote box..they don't even make a focus 5x for it.
never had a problem. i just don't try to run fancy focus on the remote box.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post