Focal Point
[CLOSED] Add code to run after every procedure

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5527038096

October 08, 2018, 04:47 PM
Dan Brooke
[CLOSED] Add code to run after every procedure
Hi Focal Point,

I'm looking for a profile that runs AFTER every fex runs. This would effectively be the same as a universal profile (which runs before your fex runs) but I'd like ti at the end.

The use case would be to add a global catch to say things like IF &LINES EQ 0 then give a friendly message or that sort of thing.

Appreciate any help on this!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Dan B.
WebFocus 8205M
October 08, 2018, 04:58 PM
Waz
Nice idea, I wonder if you can do it in the site profile ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

October 08, 2018, 04:58 PM
Doug
I don't use a 'profile'. What I do, as do many others, is to add a line after appropriate TABLE FILE requests which does a GOTO IF &RECORDS EQ 0 in which there's a -INCLUDE of an HTMLFORM to display the 'Friendly No Data' message.

Albeit, a 'site profile' would be better, as Waz pointed out...
October 08, 2018, 05:03 PM
Dan Brooke
I appreciate the idea of a GOTO but this works only when you have access to the code of a report. If something's written in InfoAssist+ then adding that sort of logic is risky if you want to open it in the editor again.

Thanks for the thoughts. Any others before writing up a new feature request?

Dan B.
WebFocus 8205M
October 08, 2018, 06:00 PM
Doug
Do the users have free-range in IA? or, are they using ROs?
October 09, 2018, 08:08 AM
dhagen
In version 8201m change the contents of WebFOCUS82\client\wfc\etc\prod\error_42.xml and adjust to what you want.

You have to restart the client (tomcat).

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
October 09, 2018, 09:04 AM
Dan Brooke
Doug, we don't use reporting objects at this point. Their post-processing option is exactly what I'm looking for except on a global scale (with ROs, if you ever want to change the post-processing logic you'd need to change every RO individually).

Dhagen, very interesting! I'll look into that!

Dan B.
WebFocus 8205M
October 10, 2018, 06:18 PM
CoolGuy
Interesting dhagen... Thanks for that insight.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.