Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Millions of Dollars in InfoAssist?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Millions of Dollars in InfoAssist?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Is there an easy, out of the box, conversion to convert big decimals to Millions of Dollars in InfoAssist ('12,345,678.99' to '$12.345M'?

This image is from tableau. So I'm thinking: If tableau has it as an automatic conversion, then WebFOCUS should have something simple, if not automagic, to do this. Yeah, I know it's easy for chart creation. But, We need this for report creation in IA.

I know we can do the following. But, that's too complex for the average business users who is new to WebFOCUS. Smiler
MyBigNumber/A12='$' || (EDIT(EDIT(ThisBigNumber),'$$$$$$$99.999')) || 'M';
Or several other methods.

Thanks in Advance, Doug

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I doubt this is an available mask. When I’ve had to do this, I just divided by 1,000,000 and put the word Millions in the column title.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
What about a COMPUTE D12.2Mm? This will change it as you can type in the "Mm".

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
MattC: Thanks so much! I just learned something totally new here. I never knew about this mask. And if you just type D12.2m inside the format box in InfoAssist, you get the number in millions. Outstanding!

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
👍 Yeppers, D12.2Mm does the trick in either a COMPUTE or DEFINE...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As an FYI, D12.2Mk will give you the value in 1,000's (e.g. $45K). You can also use b for Billions and t for Trillions if you need those numbers.

Master
posted Hide Post
DEFINE FILE CAR
 MYDCOST/D12.2Mm = DCOST;
END
TABLE FILE CAR
 PRINT DCOST
       MYDCOST
END  

Gives a 'FOC253 Invalid format spec D12.2Mm'.

I don't see formats like 'm', 't', or 'b', in the 81 'Describing Data with the WebFOCUS Language' manual.

Are you folks describing new formats available in 82 WebFOCUS?

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I believe these features were added in 8204.

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe these features were added in 8204.
Yes, it works in 8204 (in DEFINEs). But, not available in the 'Format Selection' section of IA's UI. D12CMm works.

How would this be accomplished in IA 8204? Is it available in a newer version: IA 8####?