Focal Point
[SOLVED] SET Command Vanishes on save (Developer Studio)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5537004126

June 18, 2012, 03:42 PM
Greg
[SOLVED] SET Command Vanishes on save (Developer Studio)
I am trying to add SET PCOMMA=ON to my fex that is reading a directory of csv files. But as soon As I hit save the SET line vanishes.

EDIT: I was able to add it with the GUI and it put it at the very bottom after the last END.

But running the report still only returns the first record.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Greg,

prod: WF 7.7.03 platform IIS on Windows 2007, databases: Oracle, , MSSQL

June 18, 2012, 03:52 PM
rfbowley
I WISH I have a nickel for every time this (lines of code disappearing when I save) has happened to me. And EACH and EVERY time it was because I had tried to type a set or a dialog manager command into the "Source" tab on the Report Painter rather than exiting the painter and typeing my commands into the Text View of the Procedure Viewer.

TPWBTKATC

(The Problem Was Between The Keyboard And The Chair Red Face)

Robert F. Bowley Jr.
Owner
TaRa Solutions, LLC

In WebFOCUS since 2001
June 18, 2012, 04:00 PM
Greg
quote:
Originally posted by rfbowley:
I WISH I have a nickel for every time this (lines of code disappearing when I save) has happened to me. And EACH and EVERY time it was because I had tried to type a set or a dialog manager command into the "Source" tab on the Report Painter rather than exiting the painter and typeing my commands into the Text View of the Procedure Viewer.

TPWBTKATC

(The Problem Was Between The Keyboard And The Chair Red Face)

I was in the text View of the procedure, but I still had the painter opened. I guess the painter being opened and 'unsaved' overrides the text tab.

prod: WF 7.7.03 platform IIS on Windows 2007, databases: Oracle, , MSSQL