Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Resource Analyzer - Joining on RMLDB Master File

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Resource Analyzer - Joining on RMLDB Master File
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi all,

I am trying to join the master file located at _EDACONF/CATALOG/RM/RMLDB to one of the tables located in our data warehouse. Unfortunately, I am getting this error:

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -1 (HEX: FFFFFFFF)
: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: [] Cannot create new connectio
: n because in manual or distributed transaction mode.
L (FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR. : SMRPCS

The code in my procedure:

JOIN SMUSERID IN _EDACONF/CATALOG/RM/RMLDB TO THIRD_PARTY_ID IN DIM_PERSON TAG J1 AS J1

TABLE FILE _EDACONF/CATALOG/RM/RMLDB
SUM
CNT.DST.SMFEXNAME AS 'Number of Reports'
BY SMUSERID AS 'Username'
BY LAST_NAME AS 'Last Name'
WHERE SESSDATE GE '20160701' AND SESSDATE LE '20160726'
END

I've also tried the reverse join (from DIM_PERSON to _EDACONF/CATALOG/RM/RMLDB) with no success.

Does anyone know how I can join off of the RMLDB master file?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8.201m
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 28 | Location: Indiana | Registered: June 08, 2016Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Saw a tech support case similar to this where they recommended the following code in edasprof:
ENGINE SQLMSS SET CURSORS SERVER

you might try adding it to the top of the focexec instead of your edasprof and see if it makes a difference.

https://techsupport.informatio...ttrack/92821014.html

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply BabakNYC.

I can't access that link?

Also - I think that line of code worked, as I am no longer getting the error. However, the fex is timing out. Any suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mlhapner,

WebFOCUS 8.201m
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I can get the join to work if I use a small RECORDLIMIT (around 1000 records), but anything much larger than that will time out with no results

WebFOCUS 8.201m
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
TABLE FILE both tables and hold them, then join the hold files. Maybe you'll have better luck doing it that way.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I am getting the same result as before. It times out if I don't have a RECORDLIMIT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mlhapner,

WebFOCUS 8.201m
Windows, All Outputs