Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Paneled & Compound Reports using NOBREAK

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Paneled & Compound Reports using NOBREAK
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
After making a large compound report in web focus 7.6 that makes use of "ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF OPEN NOBREAK" in many places, the decision maker came back to me and asked for next to each column, the column % of that report. I thought it would be an easy fix, but instead get the error:

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 68 LINES= 18
(FOC3218) NOTE: REPORT WILL BE PANELED; TOTAL WIDTH IS: 12.04 INCHES
(FOC3269) PDF: CANNOT USE NOBREAK WITH PANELED REPORTS
(FOC3298) ERROR FOUND IN A COMPOUND REPORT
Compound Report is TERMINATING.....

The only change was

(DEFINE)

TABLE FILE TEST_TABLE
SUM
COLUMN1

(OTHER STUFF)

to

(DEFINE)

TABLE FILE TEST_TABLE
SUM
COLUMN1
PCT.COLUMN1/D5%
(OTHER STUFF)

Anyone know some kind of work around?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFocus 8.104
Windows 7 Entreprise, SP1

Posts: 82 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You need to make more space for the new column.

Either adjusting margins, or dropping font size, or wrapping some columns to a specified width.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Waz:

Dropping the page size down still produces a blank page.

WebFocus 8.104

Posts: 82 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Max,

I didn't mention Page Size.

Have you tried adjusting the LEFT/RIGHTMARGIN size ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Max:

The new change in the column is taking more space. Either you wrap other columns to make space for the new one or try increasing the page size for PDF report. Try the following code to increase the page size:
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,
-IF &FMT NE 'PDF' THEN GOTO SKP_SIZE;
PAGESIZE=B,
-SKP_SIZE
ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,$
ENDSTYLE

You can use the letters from B,C,D and E for different page sizes. I think E is the maximum page size available.

Let me know if you need code for WRAP also.

Thanks,
Pravin Singh

WebFOCUS 7703
Windows, All Outputs
pravinsinghwebfocus.blogspot.com

Posts: 51 | Location: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 | Registered: June 19, 2014Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys, I got it to work with changing the orientation inside of the layout instead of using a preceding SET command.

WebFocus 8.104

Expert
posted Hide Post
The important thing, I guess, with a compound PDF is to have all the pieces looking consistant so it looks like a single document.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Guru
posted Hide Post
Max, Don't forget, users may print in their machines to see the reports, so as Waz said, it should be consistent.

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I had similar problems recently when migrating reports from 7.x to 8.x: 8.x made the page (in PDF) spread to two panels.

I found it helpful to add background colors during testing. It revealed how wide the rendering engine considered each data column, and how that was affected by each tweak I applied to the styling.

Reusable code below can be useful in this connection. Top section can be a -INCLUDE; Use "-SET &bgRainbow=1;" to override the DEFAULT, activating the palette of colors; the final section of code goes in the STYLE section of the report (explicitly, to maintain GUI compatibility).

- test: SET &bgRainbow=1;

-DEFAULTH &bgRainbow=0;
-* &bgRainbow switches background colors on or off for the report
-* =1 (for testing) turns the feature on, defining &bg1 thru &bg6 as a palette of pastel colors.
-* =0 (the Production setting) turns the feature off, by defining them all as "white"

-SET &bg1=DECODE &bgRainbow(0 white ELSE 'rgb(#9999ee)');
-SET &bg2=DECODE &bgRainbow(0 white ELSE 'rgb(#99ee99)');
-SET &bg3=DECODE &bgRainbow(0 white ELSE 'rgb(#99eeee)');
-SET &bg4=DECODE &bgRainbow(0 white ELSE 'rgb(#ee9999)');
-SET &bg5=DECODE &bgRainbow(0 white ELSE 'rgb(#ee99ee)');
-SET &bg6=DECODE &bgRainbow(0 white ELSE 'rgb(#eeee99)');

Add code like the following to the STYLE section, to conditionally apply background colors to the rendered ('printed') columns.

type=report,column=P1, backcolor=&bg1,$
   type=report,column=P2, backcolor=&bg2,$
   type=report,column=P3, backcolor=&bg3,$
   type=report,column=P4, backcolor=&bg4,$
   type=report,column=P5, backcolor=&bg5,$
   type=report,column=P6, backcolor=&bg6,$
   type=report,column=P7, backcolor=&bg1,$
   type=report,column=P8, backcolor=&bg2,$
   type=report,column=P9, backcolor=&bg3,$
   type=report,column=P10,backcolor=&bg4,$
   type=report,column=P11,backcolor=&bg5,$
   type=report,column=P12,backcolor=&bg6,$

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post