Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] pass Parameters in EX command.?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] pass Parameters in EX command.?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
can someone please explain me with a simple example on How to pass the parameters in the EX COMMAND.
i know that passing parameters can't be done using the Include so want to accomplish that using the EX COMMAND.

please reply with a simple example,for getting a better idea.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)

Posts: 16 | Location: MN | Registered: February 06, 2010Report This Post
<FreSte>
posted
EX [fexname] MONTH=1, YEAR=2011

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
if i want to pass Dynamic parameters,wht is the change i need tom ake in the above example which you provided.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows

<FreSte>
posted
That could be something like this:

-SET &ECHO='ALL';
-SET &YEAR = 2011;
TABLE FILE CAR
  BY COUNTRY
  IF RECORDLIMIT EQ 1
  ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY
  ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
-READ HOLD, &TEMP

EX [fexname] COUNTRY=&TEMP, YEAR=&YEAR

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kris,
This code work fine for us.

-* Dinamically parameters loads

-SET &NPROC = 'MYFEX';
-SET &MAXLIMIT = 3;

-* Our param names comes as param1#param2#param3
-* and the values from web as param1=value1 param2=value2 param3=value3

-REPEAT GCOMBOPARAMS FOR &COUNTER2 FROM 1 TO &MAXLIMIT
-SET &PARAM = GETTOK(&PARAMS, 255, &COUNTER2, '#', 50, 'A50');
-SET &THEVAL = '&' || &PARAM;
-SET &ENTPARAMS = IF &COUNTER2 NE &MAXLIMIX THEN &ENTPARAMS || '&' || &PARAM || '=' || &THEVAL.EVAL || ', ' ELSE &ENTPARAMS || '&' || &PARAM || '=' || &THEVAL.EVAL;
-GCOMBOPARAMS

EXEC &NPROC &ENTPARAMS
-RUN

Hope this can help you.
TK.

DS 7.6.11
iSM 5.5, 5.6, 6.0.X
WXP, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

posted Hide Post
Hi tommy,
if the parametrs are coming from the excel or .csv or.txt file,what is the change need to be done.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hris, this is basic stuff, have you had training, I would suggest it.

With a situation like this, I would suggest perhaps passing in the location of the CSV or TXT file that contains the variables,and then process these in the fex.

If you use a TXT file, and the format is FOCUS code, like:
-SET &PARM1='Val1';
-SET &PARM2='Val2';
-SET &PARMn='Valn';

Then you can -INCLUDE the file and it will be executed evaluating the commands, and the parameters will be available.

There are many more ways to do this, it all depends on your situation and what is provided in the CSV or TXT file.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post