Focal Point
Error exporting output to Excel

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5561008331

October 08, 2004, 06:07 PM
<Lee Roper>
Error exporting output to Excel
I am trying to export a file to Excel 2000 but each time I get the following error message: "(FOC 358) Error issuing Filedef Command for" and it lists the path where I want to save it. Of course, it also does not save the file.

I've tried various things, including shortening the output file name (to less than 8 characters) and saving it on a different drive. When I tried saving it to the same drive where the source data was stored I don't get the error message but it also does not save the file.

I am using version 5.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
October 08, 2004, 06:16 PM
<Vijaya>
Try this. Works for me. I create/save excel 2k files.

FILEDEF MDSET DISK \\SERVER10\MDSET.XLS
FILEDEF MDSE$ DISK \\SERVER10\MDSE$.XML
-
-define
-
-sum

ON TABLE HOLD AS MDSET FORMAT EXL2K FORMULA
October 08, 2004, 07:20 PM
<Lee Roper>
I'm sorry, I should have added that I am very new to WebFocus. My biggest frustration is that nothing I've encountered working on my own looks anything like the things we did in the classes I took recently for Developer Studio. I'm not entirely sure how to use the commands you suggest. I was trying to use the Save As/Export command to export it to an Excel file. But no matter what I try it does not show an EXL2K file saved.
October 09, 2004, 04:02 AM
Piipster
Are you using the Report Painter to build your report?
Are you specifying the output format as EXCEL?
Are you running the report on a remote WebFOCUS server or in Projects on Localhost?
Do you want to save the excel file on a remote machine or on your local hard drive?