Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     grand total on one line

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
grand total on one line
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have read all the posts to get subtotal on one line and all the tricks with blank/a1=' ', etc. My users just want one total for the whole report (no subtotals). They want the output in exl2k. I have tried all the tricks I read about and none of them seem to work with a grand total only. If I put a subtotal in the report, then the tricks work. I've tried doing some things in the stylesheet and using on table subfoot, but I can't seem to position my amount column under the correct column in exl2k. It ignores my positioning. Here is sample code with the car file which I'm coloring to show the field, but all the stylesheet options I've tried haven't worked. Any suggestions?

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COUNTRY
BODYTYPE
SALES
ON TABLE SUBFOOT
"TOTAL<+0> WHERE READLIMIT EQ 100
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 100
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
PAGESIZE='Letter',
LEFTMARGIN=0.250000,
RIGHTMARGIN=0.250000,
TOPMARGIN=0.250000,
BOTTOMMARGIN=0.250000,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='TIMES NEW ROMAN',
SIZE=10,
COLOR='BLACK',
BACKCOLOR='NONE',
STYLE=NORMAL,
$
TYPE=TITLE,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=TABFOOTING,
ITEM=3,
COLOR='RED',
JUSTIFY=RIGHT,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
SIZE=12,
STYLE=BOLD,
JUSTIFY=CENTER,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

webfocus 8.105M; os: windows; pdf, html, exl2k, csv

Posts: 179 | Registered: November 10, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you tried this

ON TABLE SUBTOTAL

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
yup. It put it to 2 lines. I just tried it again to confirm.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Pam,

You need to add the following to your request so that WebFOCUS knows to align the SUBFOOT text/fields in the colmns with the data.

TYPE=TABFOOTING, HEADALIGN=BODY,$

You will then need to adjust your SUBFOOT line accordingly.

It was good to meet you at Summit.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Try
ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL
OR

Remove ON TABLE NOTTOAL Line.

Hope this helps.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Pam,

Here's a simplier example.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COUNTRY
BODYTYPE
SALES
ON TABLE SUBFOOT
"TOTAL<+0> <TOT.SALES"
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
END

Also,

ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS ''

will keep the number on one line but you will not have the word "Total" appearing on the line.

Thanks!

Mickey

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. The headalign=body should work for me. I had tried headalign=internal and something else earlier today with no luck, but I didn't try the headalign=body. The body is positioning it now. My only complication is I have 3 more lines in the on table subfoot below the total that is centered across all the columns. That all got moved to the left when I did headalign=body. I'm working with the headalign=body on a bogus subfoot (i.e. blank) and leaving the 3 other lines in the on total subfoot and I think I should be able to get it to work. The business does want the word total so the on table column-total won't work this time.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Pam,

Use COLSPAN to make the other lines go across the three columns.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COUNTRY
BODYTYPE
SALES
ON TABLE SUBFOOT
"TOTAL<+0> <TOT.SALES"
"This is the second line."
"This is the third line."
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=TABFOOTING, LINE=2, COLSPAN=3, JUSTIFY=CENTER,$
TYPE=TABFOOTING, LINE=3, COLSPAN=3, JUSTIFY=CENTER,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Thanks!

Mickey

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mickey ... that worked perfectly. For some reason I only think of colspan when dealing with HTML.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Pam,

I believe this works because the format of the file that is fed to Excel is actually XML. The output of XML tends to support the HTML formatting quite a bit. However, I am no XML expert. Just trial and error.

Thanks!

Mickey