As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.
New TIBCO Community Coming Soon
In early summer, TIBCO plans to launch a new community—with a new user experience, enhanced search, and expanded capabilities for member engagement with answers and discussions! In advance of that, the current myibi community will be retired on April 30. We will continue to provide updates here on both the retirement of myibi and the new community launch.
What You Need to Know about Our New Community
We value the wealth of knowledge and engagement shared by community members and hope the new community will continue cultivating networking, knowledge sharing, and discussion.
During the transition period, from April 20th until the new community is launched this summer, myibi users should access the TIBCO WebFOCUS page to engage.
I have a maintain that I am converting from using a Webfocus Database to using MSSQL Database with an adapter. I have had little problem up to this point but I am receiving an error that I cannot isolate.
Deployment Status: Failed Error: Could not compile 'IBFS:/pc551823/EDA/EDASERVE/APPPATH/r_mhfacility/MhFacility.mnt'. Details: (FOC03601) ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 1969 IN PROCEDURE (FOC03727) Datatypes not supported for computational/comparison operation. (FOC03773) COMPILE failed with return code -3727
As the error is on a line number that does not exist in my maintain I suppose it is in the forms. (When I remove add or remove items from my forms the line number changes.) How do you normally isolate the source of these errors and find them?This message has been edited. Last edited by: dendem,
The hardest problems to debug are when the error is with an object itself. This could mean that a field associated with an object has been changed (added, edited, deleted) or the stack has been changed, etc...
Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003
Mark, I absolutley agree, when I have had these issues, its is usually in the wfm file, the difficulty can be getting to the right line, I haven't used Maintain for quite a while, but the line reported isn't necessarily the line in the file.
As you said, Dendem needs to post the code, throwing a eye over it may cettainly help.
Dendem, are you aware that a wfm file is in fact a maintain file you can open it up and read it.
I'm surprised to hear you talk about the .wfm file.
I have debugged errors with large line numbers by opening the .mnt file in an external editor and looking at the XML Form description code that Dev. Studio hides. Most times I can find the line number there, and (usually) identify the problem.
If the failing line number is larger then the full .mnt, I had assumed it was referencing the core maintain executable (?)
With a backup, a little experience, and HTML forms knowledge, there is a lot that can be done in the 'hidden' .mnt code !
Dave, you are so right, IBI have hidden away the core maintain code, files like webbase and webbase2. These were available in earlier versions like 4.x and 5.x.
But from my experiences, the errors like this in most cases is a miss match or even a missing semicolon or problems with quotes.
I am surprised you can find the error by line number in the XML definition of the form as the error is at compile time on the maintain code, you will have the .mnt and .wfm files.
Mark, as for -INCLUDES, that true, its just that most of the maintain apps i've written, the number of lines is usually only in the hundreds. I did have one app with a mnt file with over 4000 lines, you may even have a copy of it at IBI.
I would still suggest Dendem to send a copy of the code for someone to check, experience helps in this matter.
It's my experience that the error mechanism of the maintain parser is usually quite correct in specifying the line number. If the line number is in the range of the .mnt file, then it most likely is right there where the message says that it is. If it is not in the .mnt then I can always find it in the .wfm at or near the line indicated. And sometimes I have to go back to the 'hidden' part of the maintain to try and find the error situation indicated in the .wfm file. Using this approach I always find what's wrong.
- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007