Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Getting error when opened in office 2007

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Getting error when opened in office 2007
 Login/Join

posted
Hi ,

I am getting following error, when i open the report in office 2007, the report is a drill down to 3 levels.
1st level message

"File you are trying to open , 'WFServlet.xls', is in a different format than specified by the file extension"

when i say 'yes' on the poup, the report opens ,
but when i click on the drill down to next level in the report in the to 2nd level i get the poup like :

"A document with the name 'WFServlet' is already open. You can not open 2 documents with the same name even the documents are in the different folders"
In the 3rd level:
"Unexpected error"
i cont get the data for the 3rd level.

Did any one ahve the same kind of problem ?

I am having the Webfocus 7.6.4 version .
Help is appreciate.

Thanks
Rekha

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 7.6.4
windows XP
MS SQL 2000/2005

posted Hide Post
Those are both common messages when you output to Excel 2007. The first may be because WebFOCUS is not sending the 2007 flavor of XLS. The second is because WebFOCUS creates files with the same name as you drill down.

Posts: 22 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: March 29, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That is OK to get messages, when you drill down to each level, but in the 3rd level drill down, i am getting the "Un expected error " and not able to open the spreadsheet, and cont get report for 3rd level. What should i do ?

WebFocus 7.6.4
windows XP
MS SQL 2000/2005

Expert
posted Hide Post
1) Ensure you have the command SET FOCEXURL = path to enable drilldowns for PDF and Excel
2) Check if the drilldowns work in HTML.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
yes, it all works in AHTML and the office 2003, only having problem in office 2007. There is no popups when i open in excel 2003

WebFocus 7.6.4
windows XP
MS SQL 2000/2005

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Rekha,

I wonder that have you ever solved your problem yet? I have encountered the same situation where I can not drill down in the third level in Excel 2007 and the popup message is "An unexpected error has occurred".

Thanks,

Thanks,
Pku

Focus, WebFocus 8201 on Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I have no problem whatsoever drilling down in excel 2007. My drilldowns go to a maximum of 7 levels deep in one case and even 9 levels in another. All work without any error message, not even the messages mentioned earlier in this post.
The server release I have this working on is 765 in production and 769 in development. Both show the same behaviour: correct in all cases.
I do have my focexurl set and I have the application folder in the servers app path.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post