Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HFREEZE and lines per page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HFREEZE and lines per page
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I just turned HFREEZE on. It took a while to get used to the grand total being frozen but now I kind of like that. The trouble is that no matter how long I make my Report box on my html page, I only get about 28 lines...and must scroll down to see more..even though there is plenty of space in the box I drew to house the report. Is there another command I need?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Good question.

In this responsive world we live in, it should auto-resize.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Try adding in SCROLLHEIGHT=AUTO

TYPE=REPORT, LINES-PER-PAGE=UNLIMITED, TITLETEXT='Report Name', HFREEZE=ON, SCROLLHEIGHT=AUTO, $

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hallway,

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
SCROLLHEIGHT=AUTO

Thats awesome, works in 8.1.04

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
More info here: Syntax: How to Create a Scrollable Area in an HTML Report

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
it should auto-resize

"SCROLLHEIGHT=AUTO" is nice.

What about VFREEZE in HTML, Not AHTML.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
NFR time ?

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Master
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,
First, the SCROLLHEIGHT=AUTO throws an error, perhaps its not available I wf8008. I put just before the HFREEZE. FOC3202) BAD VALUE IN STYLESHEET FILE AT LINE 298: SCROLLHEIGHT=AUTO

I am not sure you are understanding my issue though.

When I create a new HTML page I first insert a report...I draw a box to house the report on the screen, I reference my procedure etc. I then run the report. The data *fills* the box and adds scroll up /down, left/right bars if necessary - but the report *fills* the entire box I drew.

When I add the HFREEZE, suddenly the report seems to occupy *only* a fixed amount of space in the box, which vertically does not consume nearly the box I created. This is my dilemma.

Does this make sense?

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Ok, so I tried to specify a value for SCROLLHEIGHT...eventually after tinkering with the size of my box and the scroll height value, I got something that worked...though now if data does not fill the box there is blank space between the last row and the grand total that seems in a fixed position at the bottom of the box.

What a PITA but at least its better than before. Thanks!

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Well, Bad news...once I added the HFREEZE and SCROLLHEIGHT, not only does the GUI interface no longer work for editing but I seem to have lost all my column width formatting thus the FREEZE SCCROLHEIGHT is useless...

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
ok, HFREEEZE = TOP solves the grand total issue...is there anyway to truncate columns / Minimize etc while using HREEZE?

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
I think your only is to ask Tech Support.

Unless you are willing to pull apart the code that handles the freeze.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
Like I said:
quote:
"SCROLLHEIGHT=AUTO" is nice.
But, where is that in InfoAssist (8202)? "SCROLLHEIGHT" is not even in InfoAssist Help (the "?" for Help in the upper right corner of InfoAssist edit page.)

Ref: InfoAssist / SCROLLHEIGHT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post