Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] wf8 includes MRE

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] wf8 includes MRE
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I am trying to get a handle on how to use the includes in wf8 from MRE. From reading posts, I see how I have to put the full qualified path in the inclide statement, along with putting .fex at the end.

Having all of the procedures run from the Reporting Server, it works without the full path.

If I run the starting fex from MRE, doesn't it look in the application folders in its path for the includes? I can get it to run if I put all of the includes on MRE and fully qualify the path. But that means I will have to modify every bit of code and add the paths to the include statements.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jay Potter,

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster

Posts: 341 | Location: Pembroke NH/Jericho NY | Registered: June 15, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's what we are doing, although, only for drilling to MRE.
We are wrapping the server calls with:

-MRNOEDIT BEGIN
-INCLUDE folder/program_name
-MRNOEDIT END

or

You could just change ALL -INCLUDE to
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE folder/program_name...

FUN!FUN!FUN!

BTW, it's Content, not MRE anymore...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Well put, and Thanks for the Heads Up Tom...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info but!

Didn't your mother teach you! If you do not have any goods news! Do not pass on any news!

I am going top keep the post open until someone passes on some good news! If I wait long enough INCLUDES will propbably become obsolete.

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster

Posts: 341 | Location: Pembroke NH/Jericho NY | Registered: June 15, 2011Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Is this migrated code from 7.7? If migrated correctly you shouldn't have to adjust anything.

If that is the case I would call IBI asap to get the correct procedure on how to "migrate/modernize" to WF 8.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jay: I'd like good news too. I think the best news (?) would be that something like Tom suggested would become part of the automated WebFOCUS 8.x.y.z process or someone out there would write a fex which would read all other fexes and take their path and change "-INCLUDE program_name" to "-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE folder/program_name".

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Mattc: What if it's from 7.6.11?
quote:
Is this migrated code from 7.7
Will we need to "adjust"?

Guru
posted Hide Post
Yes it was originally converted and it did work when running from the converted folder. But we are changing our domain concept and are moving the fexes around. Plus it is a way for me to learn how I have to create new fexes. Also if I can get all my code working the new way then I do not have to worry about other upgrades as much in the future.

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster

Guru
posted Hide Post
from 7.7.3

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster

Guru
posted Hide Post
Doug - I think you have to jump to 7.7 to get to 8.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Guru
posted Hide Post
The answer for me was to edit every bit of code and include the path name to get it to work the new way. The intial convert did work, but to use the code in a new folder I had to add the path.

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster