Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Handling & as column header

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Handling & as column header
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,
I have to display 'A&B Inc.' as column header in the report. It throws error - (FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: &B
Can anyone suggest me a way to handle '&' in this scenario.

Many Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,
DataBase: Oracle 11g,Output :Excel,PDF,HTML

Posts: 281 | Location: India | Registered: April 21, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Use below code

PRINT

fieldname AS 'A&|amp;B Corporation'

END

Thanks
Neelima

WebFocus 8104,8204
Excel/PDF/HTML/HTMLTABLE/XML/ALPHA/GIF file/GRAPH/Active technologies

Posts: 186 | Location: INDIA | Registered: July 11, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I was having a similar issue adding < [less than) in a heading. I have several column headings in the report that I want to be... ">=75", ">=50", ">=25", and the last one is "<25". The GE ones work fine but I get the error when I use the LT sign because its looking for a column. I'm assuming it will be similar to the example given above for the & but I wasn't able to get the exact code.

Thanks for your help!

-Justin

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

< IS "& l t ;"
without the spaces

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The simplest way is to add a space
TABLE FILE CAR
BY COUNTRY AS '< 25'
END

Or define the title as a variable
-SET &TITLE1 = '<' || '25';
-SET &TITLE2 = 'A&' || 'B Inc.';
TABLE FILE CAR
BY COUNTRY AS '&TITLE1'
BY CAR     AS '&TITLE2'
END

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Example for both column titles and report heading:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
COMPUTE LT25/A3 = '<25'; NOPRINT

BY COUNTRY AS '<25'
BY CAR AS '>75'
BY MODEL AS 'A&|B INC.'
HEADING
"TEST  <LT25 >75 A&|B INC."
END

Unfortunately, using &lt; and &|amp; won't work for PDF (and maybe neither for Excel).

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the suggestions. I was not able to get the < to work in a HEADING though. I could get the & to work in both a HEADING and as a column title, but the < only worked in the column titles. I need it in a HEADING that aligns with the text. I tried to show what I need and what I tried that was not working in the example below.

-SET &HEAD1 = '<' || '25';
-SET &HEAD2 = 'A&' || 'B Inc.';
TABLE FILE CAR
BY COUNTRY AS '&HEAD1'
BY CAR AS '&HEAD2'

HEADING
"Heading"
"&HEAD1<+0>&HEAD2"
"A&|amp;B Inc. <+0> < 25"
"<||25 <+0> '<||25'"
"Needs to be above here"
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=HEADING,
HEADALIGN=BODY,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
LINE=1,
OBJECT=TEXT,
ITEM=1,
COLOR=WHITE,
BACKCOLOR=BLUE,
COLSPAN=2,
JUSTIFY=CENTER,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
LINE=5,
OBJECT=TEXT,
ITEM=1,
COLOR=WHITE,
BACKCOLOR=BLUE,
COLSPAN=2,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
BACKCOLOR=GREEN,
$
TYPE=TITLE,
BACKCOLOR=RED,
$
END
-EXIT

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Take another look at my example. The easiest method of inserting a < is by computing a column and embedding it in the HEADING.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I refreshed the link before I posted that but still missed your post, Francis. I think that will work, thanks!

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs