Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Drilling in InfoAssist+

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Drilling in InfoAssist+
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hai

I have a business view about saving transactions.
It consists of two measures: number of saving-contracts and number of transaction (value of 1 for each transaction).
And it has four dimensions: day, week, month, year.
Per transaction there is a row.

What I want is per day the number of saving-contracts and their transactions. But be aware, if somebody does two transactions in a day, in the report number-of-contracts will be 1 and number-of-transactions 2.
I want the same for week, month and year. Whereby the number-of-transactions sum up, but even if somebody makes 500 transactions we still talk about 1 contract. So for the number-of-contracts I don't want that multiplicative element.

Furthermore I want to be able to drill up and down.

We are using Webfocus 8.2.04, InfoAssist+. I want to build the functionality in InfoAssist. How can I do that?
I hope someone can help. Thnx in advance

Regards
Ron

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.2.04
WebFocus Datamanagement Console 8.1M
DMC

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Does anybody has a clue?

DMC

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You may need some IB training/courses

I cannot tell you in IA+ how to do it since it's difficult to "show" the steps needed in a UI within text.
But in FOCUS you should start with something similar to this to have your data:
TABLE FILE abc
SUM CNT.DST.CONTRACTS
    TRANSACTIONS
BY YEAR
BY MONTH
BY WEEK
BY DAY
END

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In IA here's what you need to do:
1. Place Transactions and Contracts under Sum.
2. Right Click Contracts, More, Aggregation Functions, Count Distinct.
3. Place Year in By.
4. On the Menu Bar, click Format, Auto Drill.
5. Run.

If Year is in a hierarchy of Year, Quarter, Month, Day, the report will show you the total number of transactions and the count distinct of Contracts by Year first. Year will be a Hyperlink which allows you to go up and down the hierarchy.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the answers.
The most important part is the hierarchy.
We have separate dimensions / masters for year,month,week,day.
Do I have to build this hierarchy in one master file?

DMC

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you're talking about a cluster master that joins a bunch of dimension masters to a fact table master, then I suggest you take a look at wf_retail.mas sample provided by IB. That's a very good example of how you can create hierarchies. I believe the individual masters are flat (without DV's) and when you join them in the cluster master, you create the Dimensional Views and Folders with hierarchies.

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
And that is exactly what I need.
I am creating a cluster join / business view+ of individual masters and for the time dimension I want to add a hierarchy in my business view+. I would love to read somewhere some kind of an instruction how to do that.

DMC

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Create master files for the Fact table and all the dimensions without BV's.

Then either in the reporting server console or from App Studio, create a new synonym and join the fact to all the dimensions.

At this point you can start building your folders and assign them hierarchies.

This might be a good starting point. https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...ng/source/join84.htm

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
OK. Building the business view won't be the problem. Done that multiple times in the console using 8.2.04. But assign hierarchies and get them working is totally new to me.

DMC

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The way I learned how to do this is to create a dummy master and played with the different ways of adding folders and such. Right click on a field or segname and see what choices you get and experiment with different options till you get it right. I used WF_RETAIL.MAS as my guide.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thnx

case closed

Regards
Ron

DMC