Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HTMLFORM
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I an html page that want to bring into a fex.

I could use

-HTMLFORM FILENAME 

but it doesn't find it since it is not in my path. It is saved in an alais called DD.

I would like this:

-HTMLFORM DD/FILENAME.HTM

However, it doesn't work.

Is there another way?

Fernando

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03

Expert
posted Hide Post
Fernando,

Try APP MAP and APP PREPEND

APP MAP backup d:\ibi\_backup
APP PREPENDPATH backup
-RUN

-HTMLFORM testbackup

If your file is in a directory in ibi\apps, then the APP MAP is not required.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Fernando,

For me this works fine, but the DD directory has to be in the /ibi/apps directory.
If that is not the case, then use Francis' advise and add the directory that contains the htm file as an app directory to your path.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Guys,

APP MAP ... did not work.

I also tried a FILEDEF.

The DD directory is not under ibi_apps.

Fernando

Expert
posted Hide Post
Fernando,

Did you use the APP PREPENDPATH as well?

An HTMLFORM must be accessible to the reporting server, not the web server. What Gam and Francid told you should work if the location of the form is on the reporting server platform.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Fernando
can you edit your signature to tell us if you're windows or unix (or what?)
Where is this mythical DD directory?
Is your host html page in MRE?
Run the command
APP SHOWPATH
and look at the results
Is your htmlform somewhere on that path?
If so, you can find it.
If not,then you might want to
APP PREPENDPATH thisDDdir
assuming you have declared a name for it in your edasprof with an APP MAP.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post

APP MAP DD D:\IBI\DD
APP PREPENDPATH DD
-RUN
-HTMLFORM 20070810_DDI

This is what I tried:

D:\IBI\DD\20070810_DDI.HTM is there.

Fernando

Expert
posted Hide Post
Fernando,

Since this is easily reproducible, I created a DD folder on the D drive of our windows server. I created a file called 20070810_DDI.HTM and put it in the DD folder. I then ran this code and it worked:

APP PREPENDPATH DD
-RUN

-HTMLFORM 20070810_DDI

Are you sure that your D drive is accessible by the reporting server?

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Francis,

I get this error:

ERROR: ERROR_MR_FEX_NOT_FOUND Can't create item object based on provided item key 20070810_DDI.htm. 

I think I'll open a case on this since I have checked everything.

Thanks,

Fernando

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Whenever I run into this error, I check the HTML code to make sure that it is including the proper variable for IBIMR_domain, IBIMR_action, IBIMR_sub_action, IBIMR_fex, IBIF_ex, and IBIMR_folder. It usually has an incorrect domain, folder, or fex name.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Fernando,

You should have mentioned that you're trying this in MRE, it's a whole different ballgame - lacrosse instead of cricket.

This works for me:

APP PREPENDPATH DD
-RUN

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE 20070810_DDI.htm
-HTMLFORM END

Alternatively, I tried the following and it also works, though it's probably not what you need:

Create an MRE fex with this in it:

-HTMLFORM 20070810

Create an MRE HTML file in the same domain called 20070810.

Run the MRE fex - it displays the MRE HTML file.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Which makes a whole lot more sense now. Any time you -INCLUDE something inside of MRE, it looks for it in the MRE domain as opposed to the server's application path. If you add the -MRNOEDIT it is forced to look in the server app path to find the specified object.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Works perfectly Francis!