Focal Point
[SOLVED] Reporting Data lags when launched through Maintain

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5621096892

September 08, 2008, 04:51 PM
brjohnson
[SOLVED] Reporting Data lags when launched through Maintain
Hello All,

I have a report that is being launched through a web link in Maintain. The Maintain program allows users to enter orders, and then they can click a report to review all orders. Well when launched through maintain the most recently added order(added during current session) does not appear on the report. If I run that same report from the DS I SEE the most recent order, but not if I launch out of Maintain. Even if I close the Maintain app and re-open it to launch the report the latest order does not appear for some time. If I wait 5-10 minutes then the latest order will appear on the report. Does anyone have any clue why this may be happening? I'm launching the report in a new window, could it be some sort of cached results that I am receiving?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Bryan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Bryan Johnson
WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Maintain
Win 7
Excel, PDF, HTML
September 09, 2008, 05:30 PM
KentO
You need to pass either a random number or a time (HHMMSS) as a parameter in your WebLink. Search the Forum for "random, cache" or "cache, time" to see how to how to do it.

The following was on the forum in Jan 2008:
The way to do this is to pass a timestamp to the focexec. You want to create a random value and display it on the screen out of sight (or invisible). Then pass that value to the exec. Remember to perform this case everytime you update the database.

Case UpdateStamp
TIMESTAMP/D8.2 = RDUNIF(TIMESTAMP) * 100000;
Endcase

If you are using a weblink pass this value to the external procedure.

Windows2003 Server, WebFOCUS 7.7.02 Developers Studio and MRE
September 10, 2008, 09:43 AM
Maintain Wizard
Bryan
Kent's response is exactly right. You may also want to add a COMMIT after the database update commands. This plus the timestamp / random number will ensure the most current results.

Mark
September 10, 2008, 04:26 PM
brjohnson
Thanks for your help!

The timestamp in the call works great. I'm always receiving the latest data. I've found that COMMIT has helped with reports hanging after a table update. I appreciate all the great info I get on this forum!

Bryan Johnson
WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Maintain
Win 7
Excel, PDF, HTML