Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     WebFOCUS 5.3.2 Dashboard Views

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WebFOCUS 5.3.2 Dashboard Views
 Login/Join

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Hello,

According to the manual, �WebFOCUS Managed Reporting Administrator�s Manual, Version 5 Release 3�, page 6-5, �Directing Users to a Group View Upon Login�, you can customize how to select a Group View when logging-in.

I would like to �setup login so that when a user enters their ID and password they are automatically logged into a window where they can view the group views that are available to them (if there are multiple views)�.

When I test this option, a list is shown of all the views, whether the User ID has been assigned to the particular view�s group or not. They can then select a view even if they�re not supposed to get access to it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pietro.

Report This Post
<Emma Schwarz>
posted
Hello Pietro!

I just tried this in 532, and my user is only seeing the Group views he has access to, not all the group views.

Can you check to make sure you updated the bid-config.xml so that there are beginning and ending comment indicators (<!-- and -->Wink for the context-redirect url pointing to the LoginSuccess.jsp? Also, make sure you removed the beginning and ending comment indicators from the context-redirect url you want to use.

Also, what release of WebFOCUS are you using?

Regards,
Emma

Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Emma,

I created a new domain and a new report. I then created a new user and assigned it to a new group. I assigned the domain to this group. Then I created a new view for this group. I logged in with the new user and the view list showed only the one view.

So, it works. I now have to figure out why it didn't work for the existing entities.

Thank you very much.

Pietro.

Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Well, I figured it out: The user I was originally testing with was an Administrator, therefore it was getting all the views, even though it belonged to only three groups.

Cheers.

Report This Post