Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Link MS Documents in Dashboard

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Link MS Documents in Dashboard
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

I want to create links in the dashboard that will display MS documents such as Word, PDF, PowerPoint, or Excel ....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steven

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

OS is Windows
HTML, Excel, and PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In the dashboard, you can create URL blocks. That's where you should put the links to your MS documents.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well, that was completely incorrect - it's been a while since I set those up. What I did was to create a new URL object (or HTML page) in whatever domain is available to that Dashboard. Mine was Public so I just created and HTML page in the public domain that contains the following:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Total Incurred Cost Trend Shoulder at 12 Months
</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<A target=_blank style="FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 20px; WIDTH: 210px; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 20px; HEIGHT: 30px; TEXT-ALIGN: center" href="http://server_name/ibi_user_files/clm0082g.pdf">Click Here for Report
</A>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Then I created A LAUNCH block in the Dashboard page that contained the HTML page object from the Public domain. They click on the link that says "Click Here for Report" and it serves up the static document (which in my case is a PDF, but could be your MS document) in its own window.

Let me know if you have more questions. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Spot on Darin, create the link in MRE and use it in Dashboard.

Just need to choose how to represent, an HTML page like you've done, or just show this URLs.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Waz,

Do you think I need to install MS Office on the web server in order to open/view the MS documents after the links are created? What about Adobe reader for PDF files? Can I create a PowerPoint document link?

Thanks

OS is Windows
HTML, Excel, and PDF

<JG>
posted
There is no need for Ofice or Acrobat reader on the server.
The documents open on the client.

Powerpoint is exactly the same.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ditto with JG, unless you are logged onto the server, and opening these files ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post