Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Choosing different field in Multiple drill down

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Choosing different field in Multiple drill down
 Login/Join

<Nathan>
posted
I have multiple drill down working on
hierarchy and related data.

Luckily all the data (Hierarchy Ids,
Descriptions, other data etc.) is in one view.

User wants to drill down on names/description.
Does not want any associated IDs to be
displayed in any of the reports.

So for example region_name will be shown
and not region_Id.

How can I pass the region_id instead of
region_name in the link to child report ?
Is it possible ? Any other way to achieve this ?

For example I am doing something like this
in PARENT REPORT

$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=REGION_NAME,
FOCEXEC=CHILDREPORT(REGION=REGION_NAME ),
COLOR=....
$

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
if region_id is in the same row in your source data, its easy. If its not, then put it there and use noprint if you don't want to display it.
TABLE FILE CAR
BY REGION_ID NOPRINT BY REGION_NAME
now REGION_ID is included in the report's internal matrix, just not displayed.
now in your drilldown on REGION_NAME , you can pass whatever vars you want from that row, visible or not visibile,
and / or you can pass &var current settings
like this:

TYPE=DATA,COLUMN=REGION_NAME,
FOCEXEC=CHILDREPORT(REGION=REGION_NAME \
REGION_ID = REGION_ID \
SOMEOTHERVAR = '&SOMEOTHERVAR' ),
COLOR=....
it'll work like a charm.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Nathan>
posted
Thanks susannah.

Yes I do have region_id associated with
region_name in same view for each row.

Report This Post