Focal Point
[SOLVED] HTML Composer - endless scrolling

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5637060276

August 05, 2014, 05:22 PM
Egon
[SOLVED] HTML Composer - endless scrolling
Hi,

I'm currently working on creating a dashboard using HTML composer. I've got several different FEX files and images on this dashboard and it is all working very well. The only issue I'm having is that somehow the body of the HTML page is giant. What I mean by this is that I have scroll bars at the edge of the page that just go on forever! When I hit print preview it wants to print over 800 pages even though all the content that's actually displayed fits on the very first page of the print preview. All the other pages are just empty.

I've tried playing with the width and height elements of the "DOCUMENT" property but that seems to create a box after which the scrollbars appear inside that box.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this can be solved?

I'm using App Studio 8.0.0.8

Egon

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Egon,

WebFocus App Studio 8.1.0.5, Windows 7 64bit.
August 05, 2014, 05:33 PM
Francis Mariani
In DevStudio v7.7.05 and older, if you used the GUI to copy a control from one page and paste into another, sometimes the control was pasted at the bottom-right, hundreds (or thousands?) of pixels away. One way to verify that is to view the Thumbnail, you would then see the control.

I don't know if this is the case for AppStudio 8.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
August 05, 2014, 05:45 PM
Egon
That was it! I had indeed copied items from another form in the GUI. Thank you! Problem solved.

WebFocus App Studio 8.1.0.5, Windows 7 64bit.