Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Reportcaster HTML reports and javascript/css

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Reportcaster HTML reports and javascript/css
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hi all,

We have a ReportCaster job that executes one of our reports nightly and mails the results as an attachment. The report it runs outputs as HTML, with a multi-drilldown on one field.
Since neither the ibirls code or the stylesheet are included, the drilldowns don't work and the styles are default.

Is there some way to make ReportCaster include those files in the message? Perhaps there's some way to make WF supply the BASE-tag with an appropriate base URI?

I can't be the first person encountering this issue, I assume there is a solution Wink

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I assume these reports are going outside your network ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
There is a solution and it's even in the ReportCaster End User's Manual.

You'll find it under Appendix B. Tips and Techniques for Coding a ReportCaster Report -> HTML and Drill-Down Reports

Basically you need to tell the browser where to find the Javascript files.

Cheers

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I hadn't found that documentation when searching for a solution. It solves part of the problem.

I suspect that BASEURL should be sufficient to get both the drilldowns working (ie. references to ibirls3.js) as well as references to our own stylesheet and JS (none in this report, but that's coincidence).

Is there any way to get the HOSTNAME of the server that a report is located on? I do not want to hard-code server names in our reports, that is going to cause issues - that's just a matter of time. I fixed one such issue last week where our dashboard reports turned out to be run from our test-server instead of the production server while we were happily developing in them. How that happened? Because of an hardcoded server name.

I'd prefer to implement it something like:
SET BASEURL = http://&&HOSTNAME

But of course, &&HOSTNAME isn't populated by default.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post