Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] search a particular fex,Htm.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] search a particular fex,Htm.
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi all,
i have so many .fex &.Htm files in my development for the Dashboard.some times i find difficult to find the location of a .fex or .htm file that is being use in the dashboard.is there any way that i can know where exactly the location of the file by a simple process in the command console of WebFocus instead of searching for so much time....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Posts: 160 | Location: Atlanta,GA | Registered: July 16, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Are these files on the WF Server or in MRE ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
they are part of the Web server not MRE,I have some hundreds of .fex and .htm files in the server,these are being used in the dashboard.so i want to know where they are located in the web server by any simple process.

windows
PDF,EXCEL.

Expert
posted Hide Post
How about using SYSFILES

SQL FMI SET SYSFILES FOCEXEC
TABLE FILE SYSFILES
PRINT *
END

SQL FMI SET SYSFILES HTML
TABLE FILE SYSFILES
PRINT *
END

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Waz has the answer!

Here's some more reading material:

Is it possible?

Using APP QUERY How to display All .mas files in All application folders

[SOLVED] SYSCOLUM for FILES

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Waz,

Thanks for the FMI! Now that you have shown this it reminds me that actually, this syntax originally belonged to asking which members are allocated by a certain DDNAME. Apparently it works also in the non-MF sphere.

FMI can also be used to find DEFINES in master files and elsewhere:

SQL FMI SET FILECASE UPPER
-RUN
SQL FMI SET TEMPDEFINES ON
-RUN
SQL FMI SET SYSFILES MASTER
-RUN
TABLE FILE SYSCOLUM
 PRINT DEFTEXT/A80
 BY FILENAME
 IF DEFTYPE EQ 'P' OR 'T'
END

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys....

windows
PDF,EXCEL.