Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     keeping a WF MAINTAIN database logon active.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
keeping a WF MAINTAIN database logon active.
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
We are currently using TeraData data warehouse. We have several database logon ID's and passwords with different access' to different databases. So, placing a single database logon in the EDASPROF file will not work for us. Also there are too many users to create a seperate profile for each user. In the mainframe world we can dynamically pass different logon strings to the data warehouse based on our security tables and the session remains active. However, in WebFocus MAINTAIN it seems that the logon can only be passed through directly once and then second call to the database reverts to what is in EDASPROF. Is there a way to set up different user profiles with different database logons and dynamically point a user's WF session to a specific user profile? Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dojo,

Linux/zVM/WF7.6.11

Posts: 29 | Location: Washington DC | Registered: June 06, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I believe that you have been working with Customer Support on this one, so I will update the case with this suggestion. What I am thinking is maybe we can issue the logon command:
SQL SQLDBC SET DBCLOGON dataserver/userid, password;
from inside of the Maintain procedure on the server. In your application, is there a Maintain procedure that is being called on the Server to perform the update? If so, please add this code:

MAINTAIN
Compute dataserver/a30 = ‘Server Name’;
Compute userid/a10 = ‘userid’;
Compute password = ‘password;
COMPUTE DBCRETCODE/A30;
COMPUTE SET_STATEMENT/A200 =
" SQL SQLDBC SET DBCLOGON " | dataserver | "/" | userid | "," | password | ";"
DB2RETCODE=SYS_MGR.ENGINE("SQLDBC ",SET_STATEMENT);
TYPE "CODE = <
-* Additional code

END

The SYS_MGR.ENGINE code allows you to pass a command directly from the Maintain to the DBMS. Here I am just using place holders for Server, User id and password, but those can be retrieved on the client, passed to the server and inserted into the SET command. For a quick test, just hardcode values that are different from those set in the EDASPROF and see if they are respected.

Mark Derwin

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark,

I tried that once before and the pass of the logon went through o.k. but then it reverted back to the EDASPROF value when the next call to the database was performed.

Linux/zVM/WF7.6.11

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Also, I will try it again just to make sure ..

Linux/zVM/WF7.6.11