Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved] Internal error in EMstatementInvoke
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
[Solved] Internal error in EMstatementInvoke
 Login/Join
 
Gold member
posted
Good afternoon,

My users are inconsistently but frequently receiving this error when my Maintain code EXECs a fex.

(FOC03692) Run-time Error : Internal error in EMstatementInvoke! Return code = -13, proc = FocexecName.

There is no other error message and it ends the user's connection with the server while leaving the session hanging.

I EXEC 40+ different focexecs from my maintain code. There seems to be 3 fexes listed as the proc, when the error occurs. The error only occurs a sometimes when the code processes the EXEC command. Based on the number of times the error is reported to me, it is actually only a small percentage of the times the EXEC command is executed. Some users never get the error, some get it 3+/day and others get it rarely.

Any suggestions on how to debug/fix this error would be appreciated.

Deana

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deana,


WebFOCUS 7.6.8 and 7.7.03; Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2, respectively; Development environments - Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows 7 Professional, respectively;
excel, html, pdf
 
Posts: 78 | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What exact version/gen of WebFOCUS are you running? Both client and server versions are important.

Does your application make calls to external procedures?


WebFOCUS 8204, Unix, Windows
 
Posts: 1617 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
App Server is 7.7.03, Windows 2008 R2 SP1.
Development Environment MDE 7703, Windows 7 SP1.

My maintain app calls focexecs which are in the the same or child directory. The focexecs retrieve data from a SQL database using views, stored procs, and table file statements.

My test app runs on the same server as the production under a different name. I have not been able to reproduce the error in development or test.

This is a relatively new error - past 2 -3 months, some of the code has been in place for 5+ years.

Thank you,
Deana


WebFOCUS 7.6.8 and 7.7.03; Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2, respectively; Development environments - Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows 7 Professional, respectively;
excel, html, pdf
 
Posts: 78 | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Has there been a change/upgrade to the DBMS or OS? It'll be hard to figure out what's happening if you can't consistently reproduce the problem since you'll probably have to turn on traces. You might want to call IB Tech Support for help. I can't think of any other suggestions.


WebFOCUS 8204, Unix, Windows
 
Posts: 1617 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I do not administer either the OS or the sql db servers.

Due to the volume of usage, traces bog down the server too much and lead to time out issues, so I hesitate to add traces unless absolutely necessary.

I will contact tech support.

Thank you for you time and assistance.


WebFOCUS 7.6.8 and 7.7.03; Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2, respectively; Development environments - Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows 7 Professional, respectively;
excel, html, pdf
 
Posts: 78 | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Even if you don't administer them, you ought to be able to find out if they've been upgraded in the past few months from their Sys Admins. That could potentially be a clue. Good luck and please let us know the solution once you figure it out.


WebFOCUS 8204, Unix, Windows
 
Posts: 1617 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I have asked the system administrators for both the database and the application server. Both administrators said the only updates have been the normal Windows updates. There have been no upgrades to either server. I opened a case this morning. Thank you again for your assistance.


WebFOCUS 7.6.8 and 7.7.03; Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2, respectively; Development environments - Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows 7 Professional, respectively;
excel, html, pdf
 
Posts: 78 | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
The fix to this issue was to add DROP to my EXEC statements. It appears the EXEC statements where maintaining server sessions, which appeared to have made the fex unavailable to be EXECd later.

Thank you to Adrian and Mark from Information Builders.


WebFOCUS 7.6.8 and 7.7.03; Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2, respectively; Development environments - Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows 7 Professional, respectively;
excel, html, pdf
 
Posts: 78 | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved] Internal error in EMstatementInvoke

Copyright © 1996-2018 Information Builders, leaders in enterprise business intelligence.