Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved] Internal error in EMstatementInvoke

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved] Internal error in EMstatementInvoke
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Good afternoon,

My users are inconsistently but frequently receiving this error when my Maintain code EXECs a fex.

(FOC03692) Run-time Error : Internal error in EMstatementInvoke! Return code = -13, proc = FocexecName.

There is no other error message and it ends the user's connection with the server while leaving the session hanging.

I EXEC 40+ different focexecs from my maintain code. There seems to be 3 fexes listed as the proc, when the error occurs. The error only occurs a sometimes when the code processes the EXEC command. Based on the number of times the error is reported to me, it is actually only a small percentage of the times the EXEC command is executed. Some users never get the error, some get it 3+/day and others get it rarely.

Any suggestions on how to debug/fix this error would be appreciated.

Deana

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deana,

WebFOCUS 7.6.8 and 7.7.03; Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2, respectively; Development environments - Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows 7 Professional, respectively;
excel, html, pdf

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What exact version/gen of WebFOCUS are you running? Both client and server versions are important.

Does your application make calls to external procedures?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
App Server is 7.7.03, Windows 2008 R2 SP1.
Development Environment MDE 7703, Windows 7 SP1.

My maintain app calls focexecs which are in the the same or child directory. The focexecs retrieve data from a SQL database using views, stored procs, and table file statements.

My test app runs on the same server as the production under a different name. I have not been able to reproduce the error in development or test.

This is a relatively new error - past 2 -3 months, some of the code has been in place for 5+ years.

Thank you,
Deana

WebFOCUS 7.6.8 and 7.7.03; Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2, respectively; Development environments - Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows 7 Professional, respectively;
excel, html, pdf

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Has there been a change/upgrade to the DBMS or OS? It'll be hard to figure out what's happening if you can't consistently reproduce the problem since you'll probably have to turn on traces. You might want to call IB Tech Support for help. I can't think of any other suggestions.

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I do not administer either the OS or the sql db servers.

Due to the volume of usage, traces bog down the server too much and lead to time out issues, so I hesitate to add traces unless absolutely necessary.

I will contact tech support.

Thank you for you time and assistance.

excel, html, pdf

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Even if you don't administer them, you ought to be able to find out if they've been upgraded in the past few months from their Sys Admins. That could potentially be a clue. Good luck and please let us know the solution once you figure it out.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I have asked the system administrators for both the database and the application server. Both administrators said the only updates have been the normal Windows updates. There have been no upgrades to either server. I opened a case this morning. Thank you again for your assistance.

excel, html, pdf

Gold member
posted Hide Post
The fix to this issue was to add DROP to my EXEC statements. It appears the EXEC statements where maintaining server sessions, which appeared to have made the fex unavailable to be EXECd later.

Thank you to Adrian and Mark from Information Builders.

excel, html, pdf