Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] pass changed and varible data with a drilldown

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] pass changed and varible data with a drilldown
 Login/Join

<dksib>
posted
What I want to do is to be able to pass multiple varibles that has been changed by selecting a checkbox or not so remain with the default data. These varibles will be pasted to a fexexec that would process the varibles.
Here is my current code. I am able to drill and pass the default varibles but it does not pass the changed data based upon the selection.

-DEFAULT &TEST01=08;
-DEFAULT &TEST02=09;
-DEFAULT &TEST03=13;
-DEFAULT &TEST04=14;
-DEFAULT &TEST05=15;

TABLE FILE ADJUSTMENT_FORM_WEEK
PRINT
COMPUTE CNTA/I2 = 1 + LAST CNTA; NOPRINT
COMPUTE CBNAME/A6 = 'TEST' || EDIT(CNTA); NOPRINT
COMPUTE CHK_BB/A100 = '< input type="check box" name="' || CBNAME || '" id="' || CBNAME || '" value="' || EDIT[CNTA) || '" >';
AS 'Select'
BRANCHREPID CLIENTACCOUNTNUMBER CLIENTNAMELASTNAMEFIRSTNAME POSETTLEMENTDATE CGF CONTRIBUTIONADJUSTMENTAMOUNT
SSN_TIN BRANCHREPCORPID BRANCHREPNAME BRANCHREPLOCATION LEADSOURCE INITIALRECDDATE
HEADING
""
FOOTING
""
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTMTABLE
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN, SQUEEZE=ON, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,
$
TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=9,$
TYPE=TITLE,FIELD=CHK_BB,
STYLE=BOLD,
TARGET='_blank',
FOCEXEC=orders1(TEST01=&TEST01 TEST02=&TEST02 TEST03=&TEST03 TEST04=&TEST04 TEST05=&TEST05),
$
TYPE=TABHEADING, SIZE=12, STYLE=BOLD,$
TYPE=TABFOOTING, SIZE=12, STYLE=BOLD,$
TYPE=HEADING, SIZE=12, STYLE=BOLD,$
TYPE=FOOTING, SIZE=12, STYLE=BOLD,$
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=N9, WRAP=6.000000,$
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=N3, WRAP=6.000000,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Please note that Checkbox has a space in it otherwise it would give a box. Also, the varibles represent each row from the input table.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <dksib>,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
dksib,
quote:
Checkbox has a space in it otherwise it would give a box
If you enclose your code within [ code] and [/code] (nospaces) then you do not have to make that sort of mod to post on the forum.

I guess that you embed your output into an HTMLFORM (otherwise it won't work)?

More importantly, the reason that you are not getting the changed values from your form is that you are assigning the values in your drill down from your variables at the time the webpage is compiled from your code and not at form submission time. i.e. the hyperlink is predetermined by your code and has no interaction with your HTMLFORM.

The method I would use is to call a javascript function for the drilldown link - even document.form.submit(); may work for you depending upon the rest of your coding requirements.

This code should help you -

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COMPUTE CNTA/I2     = 1 + LAST CNTA; NOPRINT
      COMPUTE CBNAME/A6   = 'TEST' || EDIT(CNTA); NOPRINT
      COMPUTE CHK_BB/A100 = '<input type="checkbox" name="TEST'
	                         ||EDIT(CNTA)||'" id="TEST'||EDIT(CNTA)||'" value="'||EDIT(CNTA)||'" />';
                             AS 'Select'
   BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS HTMLFILE FORMAT HTMTABLE
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN, SQUEEZE=ON, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, GRID=OFF, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=9,$
TYPE=DATA,FIELD=COUNTRY, STYLE=BOLD, JAVASCRIPT=document.form.submit(), $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<html>
<head>
<title>Demo for dksib</title>
</head>
<body>
<form name="form" action="/ibi_apps/WFServlet" target="_blank">
<input type="hidden" name="IBIF_ex" value="showvars.fex" />
<input type="hidden" name="IBIAPP_app" value="baseapp" />
!IBI.FIL.HTMLFILE;
</form>
</body>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END

The showvars fex just contains "-? &TEST" to display the variables begining with TEST.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
<dksib>
posted
Tony,

Thanks for the sample. With only a couple of changes it worked perfectly.

David

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
That's good to know David, glad it helped Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post