Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Composer Multiselect limits values to five only

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Composer Multiselect limits values to five only
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All
I have a Multiselect Parameter set to a Control using external procedure to pass the values..
It shows only 5 values after I select more than 5..
Is there something I missed, or Composer behaving BAD.. Box "Limit Values to" is not clicked .. I also tried having Clicked with values to 100 and it still shows 5 values only

I am still using 7.6.11
Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Prod/Dev/Test: WF 8.1.5 on (Windows Server 2012 R2 )
SandBox: WebFocus Server 8.1.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.1.5 and Developer Studio 8.1.5 on Windows 7

Posts: 134 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What do you mean by :
quote:
It shows only 5 values after I select more than 5..
? Where does it only show 5, on screen ? Does your control large enough to display more than 5 on screen ?

Provide your code, it may help us helping you.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Martin

Control Box shows Location (there are more than 100 locations)
User should be able to select one or more than 1 location.
I do a -? & in the fex that gets run when you do a submit, to see what values are being passed from the Launch page.. I see for Location parameter, it only shows up to 5, when I selected more than 5..

-? &
-EXIT

Following is what shows whats coming from launch Page after I select 8 locations and submitting it
'000257' OR '000271' OR '000025' OR '000248' OR '000274' OR '

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Control Box is Fine, it shows shows the values.. its when you select more than 5, the resulting parameter seems to run out of space..

I selected three locations and it shows three
&LOCPARAM = '000271' OR '000025' OR '000248'

Expert
posted Hide Post
What does the full URL look like? Are these values at the end of the URL and perhaps the URL is getting truncated? If you're using a form, can you set the form method to post instead of get?

It's been a while since I've worked with v7.6.11...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Displaying a variable has a limited space. You probably receive the whole thing, it's just that it's not all displayed with -? &.

Try -TYPE &yourvarname

Even that will only show a few characters but more than -? &

The better way to see if all is passed is using something like :

SET XRETRIEVAL = OFF
TABLE FILE xx
WHERE column EQ &yourvarname;
END
-EXIT

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Martin.. You are correct.. I tried -TYPE and using WHERE.. both seems to display the same number of values..

Thanks Francis URL does not show much http://SeverName/ibi_apps/WFServlet

Guru
posted Hide Post
Can you give us both of your code, which is used for the control & report?

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Following is what shows whats coming from launch Page after I select 8 locations and submitting it'000257' OR '000271' OR '000025' OR '000248' OR '000274' OR '

Just because your -? & statement doesn't show the entire string of the variable value, doesn't mean that it is limiting you to 5 values.

Consider this code, even though the -? & only shows the first 5 values, the underlying value of the variable is still as per -SET command.

The real problem is the limited length of display from -? & which has been like that since early days of using that command.

-SET &MULTIVAR = '''000257'' OR ''000271'' OR ''000025'' OR ''000248'' OR ''000274'' OR ''000275'' OR ''000276'' OR ''000277''';

-TYPE &MULTIVAR

-? &MULT

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post