Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Doesn't recognize Comment or WHERE or BY clause

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Doesn't recognize Comment or WHERE or BY clause
 Login/Join

<sh0bh1t>
posted
I have written a report but when I try executing it, I receive this unusual error message:

UNKNOWN FOCUS COMMAND -*******
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND

It does not recognize the comment statement and similar processing happens for 'WHERE' and 'BY' used for filtering and sorting records.

Is there any spacing that I should follow, just like Cobol's margins.

Help Appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <sh0bh1t>,

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Post the section of code between code tags
and we might be able to see the problem.

Do not know what editor you are using but make sure you have no tab characters

Report This Post
<sh0bh1t>
posted
Thanks for your prompt reply JG.

I am not using any specific editor, I am coding in a generic mainframe flat file. The comment belongs to the start of my code which explains what the report prints. Snapshot is as below:

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
You have to wrap the code in code tags for us to be able to see it.

right hand button on the tool bar

or if you are posting an image then you need to place it on a server where it can be picked up.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
UNKNOWN FOCUS COMMAND -*******

I think I know your problem:

In mainframe batch focus execution, the file allocated as //SYSIN must be pure Focus code -- it cannot contain dialog manager code. Any dialog manager directive lines (including -* comments) will be rejected as unknown Focus commands, and &var substitution will not take place (e.g., &DATE in a report heading will appears as just that).

You need to store your focus code as a member of a PDS allocated to FOCEXEC, and invoke it via
EX focexecname
in the sysin script, in order for its dialog manager constructs to be properly handled.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We can't access your D: drive thus also not your untitled.jpeg image... That's why we can't see your snapshot.
Just pick up your code as text, and paste it here between the code tags (right most icon : < / >).

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Rereading your reply above ...
quote:
I am coding in a generic mainframe flat file.

What's the dsname, and how is sysin allocated in the JCL for the Focus jobstep?

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
<sh0bh1t>
posted
Hi everyone, Thanks for all your inputs.

i. As j.gross rightly said, the FOCUS code has to be in a PDS. When I use PRINTON and PRINTOFF, it behaved as if passed in SYSIN, otherwise it works good.

ii. The errors I received were because of a difference in my Production and Development environments and steplibs were required.

Once again thanks to all of you for your efforts.

Report This Post