Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to access & run an HTML page under Content using HTTPS w/o using run.bip

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to access & run an HTML page under Content using HTTPS w/o using run.bip
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hey all,

I have a custom HTML page I built using a Bootstrap and jQuery based template. Just finished it, looks and runs great when accessing it via an HTTP protocol. When we try accessing it via an HTTPS protocol inside a portal container, the drop-downs no longer work and the portal tries to tack on a bazillion style params...

I am looking for a URL build that will allow me to run the HTML page that's under a Content domain folder using HTTPS but not use the run.bip? string way of doing it to see if things would work outside of IBI's portal product or not.

Everything works fine using this URL build:
"http://serverName/ibi_apps/bip/portal/portalName"

My page no longer functions after trying to use this URL build:

"https://server.domain.com/ibi_apps/bip/portal/portalName"

My nav menu links that toggle the dropdowns are hijacked with some long param list and random number tacked onto the end and they no longer work.

Anyone have an idea if I could use the WFServlet call or something using HTTPS?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If its just calling reports, etc, then WFServlet should work.

I guess its the same as a drilldown call.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Even when running the HTML with the WFServlet call the dropdowns fail to work... Blah...

Used this URL build with no luck (takes me to the page, but drop-downs are still busted):

"https://server.domain.com/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBFS1_action=RUNFEX&IBFS_path=/WFC/Repository/.../index.html"

It must be related to BootStrap then? Argh... Why does it work fine with an HTTP URL, but not an HTTPS URL? Weird....

Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you used the browsers Developer tools to check and see what happening.

Also is there js errors, etc.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That was my next step. Wanted to rule out IBI possibilities first, because let's face it, that's where the bugs are usually... lol

Found some discrepancies between links that blocked some things in the F12 tools error log. Will modify things and let you know what goes down when I can get to this tomorrow.

Thanks again Waz!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Basically I didn't have all links using https like I should have. My bad. Fixed it.