Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     olap on causes agent crash?
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
olap on causes agent crash?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted Hide Post
although this comment may no longer be relevant, or even slightly interesting, (1) the limit to the length of your drilldown is determined not by focus but rather by your browser (2k in ie, the shortest of all the browsers, google 'maximum length of a url', )
so that's why your ordinary multidrill goes dead...when its just too long..too many &vars or too long &var names)
and (2) the # of drillmenu items is limited to 12, so IBI told me some time ago.
si?

madhu, i can't get your example to work..

jason, sort functions can be done with drilldowns on the column titles, takes time to code, but works really well, and doesn't take up any extra realestate on the page; plus you can control the fields that make sense to sort.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
susannah: good to hear from you!
I would like to point out that I don't think it's a length of URL that is causing this issue as it only crashes when we turn OLAP on. I've even shortened my variable names as a test.

We have indeed found the url limit for the browser with many many drilldowns in other reports, that results in NO drilldowns showing up, it shows a underlined link, but when you click on it you get a basic "error on page" Smiler

I spoke with some folks about the drill downs and told them they would not be able to save the report, they told me that they can sort in excel, what they want is the ability to actually SAVE their reports so they don't have to drill down to a certain point later. That makes really good sense.

We're going to hold off on our dashboard implementation until this works. I've had a case opened with IBI techsupport since early April on this issue, and yesterday we moved it to a priority 1 because we are, indeed, out of production until they tell us how to make this program work like we thought it would.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
ah, then the perfect solution for you might just be this:
article
This is how my users save their multi-drilled selections...
I need to update this article, it works with servlet/selfserve now in 762, not just isapi or cgi. (thank you brian c!)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Susannah,

I checked it again, It seems to work fine for me here on 7.1.1. After you drilldown to the detail,Save part in the OLAP doesn't seem to work,other wise report is showing just fine.

Madhu

WF Version 7.1 Windows, SQL Server Database

Posts: 36 | Location: Mississauga, Ontario | Registered: April 12, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
in 762, the multidrill just doesn't show up at all when OLAP is ON
They appear to be mutually exclusive.
I have an old 533 around, i'll go test it there.

Master
posted Hide Post
exporting to excel gives me a
ExternalData_1, that's it.

odd, i think.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
you're running self serve?
if you're running from MRE or BID, no it won't work. its strictly a billgates - to - billgates kind of thing. IE to Excel

Master
posted Hide Post
susannah: Oh! I see that now, it's an IE right-click option that pushes it to excel. MS is always coming up with new stuff that amazes me.

I'm still stumped over this crash issue. We're still trying any ideas! Pretty simple, without this report as the hinge-pin we really don't have much of a dashboard and I spent a month coding the .fex that doesn't work. Frowner

thanks again!

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Jason,

Did you ever get a solution for this?

WF 8005 MRE BID RCaster DevStu PMF 5.3.1 Hotfix 5
XP Oracle.

Posts: 55 | Location: UK-London | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Not sure stuey. We gave up on the application and are using MS Excel and VBA to distribute this report instead now.

The way that IBI tech support handled this issue still leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ok Thanks.

I'm getting spurious/occasional agent crashes during OLAP - i'm in the process of testing 766 , so will see if the problem has mysteriously disappeared !

WF 8005 MRE BID RCaster DevStu PMF 5.3.1 Hotfix 5
XP Oracle.

Posts: 55 | Location: UK-London | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post