Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     regarding sorthing of dropdown

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
regarding sorthing of dropdown
 Login/Join

posted
hi,

Is there any way to sort the drop down values in html layout painter instead of going for sorting manually. I am populating the dropdowns using .mas files.

thanks,
Balaji.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Just move the entries up or down using the arrows. There are just above where you enter the values.

Fernando

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03

Guru
posted Hide Post
Oops sorry. Just noticed that you are using a mas. You will have to use fex instead. Try creating an artifical column that contains the sort order that you actually want and make that your BY field and use a NOPRINT. You will need to display 2 fields minimum. One for the value and the other for what the users sees. Also, it must do a PCHOLD FORMAT XML.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Fernando,

I created a FEX that creates an XML file to be used to populate a dropdown list. I has 2 fields a display field and a data field. The order is correct then I run the FEX.

When I launch the page, it displays the the data field instead of the display field. The order is correct (by the display field).

Sample XML:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> 
- <fxf version="1.0" data="hold">
- <report records="13" lines="13" columns="2" rows="13">
  <target format="" version="" type="" destination="HOLD" /> 
- <column_desc>
  <col colnum="c0" fieldname="NEWTOKYODIV" alias="E01" datatype="char" width="50" focus_format="A50" description="" accept="" help_message="" title="" within="" property="" reference="" valign="left" /> 
  <col colnum="c1" fieldname="TOKYODIVISIONID" alias="E02" datatype="float" width="11" focus_format="P11" description="" accept="" help_message="" title="" within="" property="" reference="" valign="right" /> 
  </column_desc>
- <table>
- <tr linetype="data" linenum="1">
  <td colnum="c0">ABC</td> 
  <td colnum="c1" rawvalue="123">123</td> 
  </tr>
    :
    :

It displays 123 not ABC.

Thanks,
Dan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.10, Data Migrator 7.6.10
QA: WebFOCUS 7.6.10, Data Migrator 7.6.10
Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.2, Data Migrator 7.6.8
Windows 2K3, Tomcat 5.5.17, IIS 6
Usage: HTML, PDF, Excel, Self-serve, BID and MRE

Posts: 197 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: January 24, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Did not like the XML post. Let me try this again.
< !--
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> 
- <fxf version="1.0" data="hold">
- <report records="13" lines="13" columns="2" rows="13">
  <target format="" version="" type="" destination="HOLD" /> 
- <column_desc>
  <col colnum="c0" fieldname="NEWTOKYODIV" alias="E01" datatype="char" width="50" focus_format="A50" description="" accept="" help_message="" title="" within="" property="" reference="" valign="left" /> 
  <col colnum="c1" fieldname="TOKYODIVISIONID" alias="E02" datatype="float" width="11" focus_format="P11" description="" accept="" help_message="" title="" within="" property="" reference="" valign="right" /> 
  </column_desc>
- <table>
- <tr linetype="data" linenum="1">
  <td colnum="c0">37</td> 
  <td colnum="c1" rawvalue="5">5</td> 
  </tr>
    :
    :
-->

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 197 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: January 24, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Still was not able to post the sample XML. If you need to see, let me know and I'll email to you directly.

Thanks,
Dan

Expert
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Either enclose your code in [ code] and [/code] or disable HTML from the options on the left of the reply entry window.

The other thing I would mention is the little folder icon with the eraser ended pencil on your own posts. Use this icon to EDIT the post in error and save re-entering the same thing again.

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Dan,

You probably just have the by field and display field reversed. The print field is what the user sees and the by field is the code field that gets passed to the next fex.

i.e. option part of select is PRINT/SUM field and the value part of the list is the BY field. Another way: First field in xml list = value portion of html select element, second field in xml is option portion of html select element. Hope this helps.

Fernando

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip Tony.

Thanks Fernando, that worked. I modified the fex as per your reply.