Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSE] Unsubscribe user from a library report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSE] Unsubscribe user from a library report
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Is there a way to unsubscribe user (after they have left the company) from a library report?

Fernando

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You'll have to log in as Administrator first. Then on the top right menu bar click on Administration then go into Mode Manager. That will expose all user's subscriptions under their User Id. Then right click on whatever you want to remove and delete.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
"expose all user's subscriptions under their User Id" - where does this occur? In the Security Center? In the Resource Tree?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Under Content, if you click down arrow for each Domain or Folder, in Manager Mode you get the user's My Content folders.

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I should see an icon for each subscribed report?

All I see is an empty folder called "Custom Reports" for some User IDs.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm running 8105. Once I go into Mode Manager (logged in as Admin), the Domain Folders drop down will list Users' folders first. Each of these can be expanded to show the users' content.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
This sounds like you’re deleting the report(s) to which the user had previously subscribed instead of actually selecting the report(s), right-clicking and then selecting the Unsubscribe option. I don’t see how deleting the report(s) unsubscribes the user from getting an email when the schedule runs the next time, but I very well could be mistaken.

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 36 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: December 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You're right. I misunderstood the question. I thought we're trying to purge stuff the user scheduled. If he's subscribed to something other users have created this won't work.

Expert
posted Hide Post
And there doesn't seem to be a way to do this, does there?

You could delete rows from the appropriate table(s)...

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This might be a good question to bring up with Tech support.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes, missing but expected features are very good subjects to discuss with Tech Support.

Francis

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
You could always delete the schedule and then add it back (thereby creating an additional, new entry into the repository and therefore a new set of reports) but that introduces other problems, i.e., you’ll end up with duplicate report library folders (Titles) and users would then need to re-subscribe to the new report. I agree with contacting IBI. Surely they could come up with a “routine” to delete the necessary entries from the tables.

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 36 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: December 05, 2006Report This Post