Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to split across title to 2 columns

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to split across title to 2 columns
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
How can I split my across title to 2 columns? Below is my example output:

ACROSSTITLE1                       ACROSSVALUE1     ACROSSVALUE2     ACROSSVALUE13
COLUMNVALUE1    COLUMNVALUE2       COLUMNVALUE3     COLUMNVALUE4     COLUMNVALUE5

I need to split ACROSSTITLE1 to 2 columns ACROSSTITLE11 and ACROSSTITLE12 so I can have them in the same columns of COLUMNVALUE1 and COLUMNVALUE2. COLUMNVALUE1 and COLUMNVALUE2 are SORT fields.
My expected output is:

ACROSSTITLE11    ACROSSTITLE12      ACROSSVALUE1     ACROSSVALUE2     ACROSSVALUE13               
COLUMNVALUE1     COLUMNVALUE2       COLUMNVALUE3     COLUMNVALUE4     COLUMNVALUE5

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I think below code should meet the requirement,if not then could you share some sample code using car file or so.
DEFINE FILE CAR
COUNTR/A100=IF (COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND' AND CAR EQ 'JAGUAR') THEN 'A' ELSE IF (COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND' AND CAR NE 'JAGUAR') THEN 'B' ELSE COUNTRY;
COUNTR1/A100=IF (COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND' AND CAR EQ 'JAGUAR') THEN 'ENGLAND' ELSE IF (COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND' AND CAR NE 'JAGUAR') THEN 'ENGLAND1' ELSE COUNTRY;
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
ACROSS COUNTR1 AS ''
ACROSS COUNTR AS '' NOPRINT
END

here field 'countr' is used to create sample data while filed 'countr1' is used to assign seperate title.

WF 8.1.04,Infoassist,Oracle, Excel, PDF,HTML.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks jvb but this is not the solution for my case. please look at my sample code below:
SET ACROSSTITLE = SIDE
SET NODATA = ''
SET SHOWBLANKS = ON
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
SUM 
     MAX.RESULT AS ''
BY  LOWEST CAPTION AS ''
BY  LOWEST UNITS AS ''
ACROSS LOWEST DATETIME 
ACROSS BATCH 
ACROSS LOWEST PRODUCT 

The result I got is:

DATETIME                       01/01/2014    01/03/2014    01/05/2014     01/05/2014
BATCH                          BATCHVALUE    BATCHVALUE    BATCHVALUE     BATCHVALUE                                   
PRODUCT                        PRODUCTVALUE  PRODUCTVALUE  PRODUCTVALUE   PRODUCTVALUE
CAPTIONVALUE1    UNITVALUE1    RESULTVALUE   RESULTVALUE   RESULTVALUE    RESULTVALUE  
CAPTIONVALUE2    UNITVALUE2    RESULTVALUE   RESULTVALUE   RESULTVALUE    RESULTVALUE  

I need to put the title 'UNIT' right in the top of column UNITVALUE1, same row with DATETIME.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Please create a test fex that creates the result as in your original post. Perhaps we can fix it from there...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

-* File hainguyen02.fex
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RCOST
BY COUNTRY AS ''
BY CAR AS ''
ACROSS BODYTYPE AS '</td></tr><tr><td>BODY</td><td>UNIT' 
ACROSS SEATS 
ON TABLE SET ACROSSTITLE SIDE
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=ACROSSTITLE, JUSTIFY=LEFT,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Danny-SRL, your trick is awesome.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs