Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Issues with IE10 and WebFOCUS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Issues with IE10 and WebFOCUS
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I saw a closed post on issues with IE10 but I've already tried the suggestions, except for moving to fire fox.

We're having issues with IE10 also. It seems that not all form elements are being passed to the fex. I work with DevStudio on one of our servers which is running IE9, everything works great, but my laptop automatically upgraded to IE 10, the issue with not all form elements not being passed, I have issues with date fields not rendering properly, and scroll bars don't appear. Compatibility mode helped the date issue but that's it. I've tried setting Browser Mode to IE9, it didn't help at all, and every time you open a new browser you have to set this. Any tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Linda

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WF 7.7.05
HP-UX - Reporting Server, Windows 2008 - Client, MSSQL 2008, FOCUS Databases, Flat Files
HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 149 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: June 08, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I may have missed something but I didn't find anything on IBI's tech support site that says IE10 is fully supported by any version of WebFOCUS. Everything I saw said to use compatibility moded with IE10, which IMO, means there is no guarantee that it will work. I suggest you drop back to IE9.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I think you can force IE10 compatible to be IE9

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE9"> 

here is good read:- http://hsivonen.iki.fi/doctype/

WebFOCUS 7.7. Windows Server 2008. All Outputs.

WEBFOCUS 7.6.11. Windows Server 2003. All Outputs.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
7.7.05 and above for IE10 compatibility. You can find all compatibility at the link on the Tech Support site (lower right side of the page).

WF 7.7.04, WF 8.0.7, Win7, Win8, Linux, UNIX, Excel, PDF

Posts: 175 | Location: Pomona, NY | Registered: August 06, 2003Report This Post