Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] dummy column

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] dummy column
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I need to show a dummy column('TOTAL') before the CAR column like below.

COUNTRY 
TOTAL    CAR    W GERMANY 
TOTAL    BMW    49,500 
TOTAL    JAUGAR  . 
TOTAL    TEST    .00 

I have used the following code

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DEALER_COST
ACROSS COUNTRY
FOR CAR
'BMW' OVER
'JAUGAR' OVER
RECAP TEST/D12.2 = R1/R2;
END

can some one help me in getting the heading for CAR COLUMN as 'CAR' and the dummy column 'TOTAL' using the above table request.

Note: I have used FML and I want bring in FML code only.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
Output: Excel,PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
SET BYDISPLAY=ON
DEFINE FILE CAR
DUMMY/A5 = 'TOTAL';
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM

DEALER_COST
ACROSS COUNTRY
BY DUMMY AS ' '
FOR CAR
'BMW' OVER
'JAUGAR' OVER
RECAP TEST/D12.2 = R1/R2;

END

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
When you use the FOR command, WebFOCUS does not supply a column title.

My suggestion is to hold the out out, and TABLE it.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
7.7.0.2 New Feature 'Column Titles for FML and BY ROWS OVER Requests'

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the infomation provided. Sorry! for the big message below.

I have few things want to know the way to bring this or not. Now I have a report like below

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
                | LEFT                          | RIGHT                                         |
 TOTAL COUNTRY  | 01-01-2010    |  01-02-2010   | 03-10-2010  |  05-10-2010   | TOTAL | TESTCOL |
=================================================================================================
 TOTAL ENGLAND  | 10           |  30            | 20          |  10           |  70    |   10%  |     
 TOTAL AFRICA   | 20           |  60            | 40          |  40           |  160   |    30% | 
 TOTAL INDIA    |  2           |  2             |  2          |   4           |  10    |   50%  |
 TOTAL JAPAN    | 30           |  40            | 50          |  11           |  16%   |    60% | 
 TOTAL RUSSIA   | 30           |  50            | 20          |  12           |  112   |    10% |
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Its a simple by and Across report. But, the row values for "INIDA" for each date column is different. Its not sum of INDIA. It has a formula where (AFRICA/ENGLAND) will bring me the value for each date column.

The TOTAL column for the first three rows (ENGLAND,AFRICA,INDIA) is sum of all date values for each COUNTRY but for JAPAN it is (AFRICA/INDIA) * 100 (16% value) for JAPAN, TOTAL value.

The TOTAL AND TESTCOL are computed columns and the I have used FML only to achieve the row calculations to bring this report. My code looks like below. Again, I have given the below code is at high level.POINTER have values --> LEFT,RIGHT

TABLE FILE MASTER
SUM VALUES
ACROSS POINTER
COMPUTE TOTAL/D12  =  ( all calculation logic will be here)
COMPUTE TESTCOL/D12.2 =  ( all calculation logic will be here)

FOR COUNTRY
'ENGLAND' OVER
'AFRICA' OVER
RECAP INDIA/D12 = R2/R1; OVER
"JAPAN" OVER
"RUSSIA"
END

Problem: When I use the RECAP to bring the row calculations, the same logic is applying for the computed columns which is TOTAL and TESTCOL and the computed logic which I have used is not applied and I'm getting wrong values for the computed columns.

is there any way to solve this issue. I have used column notation (c,r) for the RECAP row but the row calculation logic is applying till the last date column here in this case the date value is (05-10-2010) and from there onwards a blank cells are displaying. My output coming as below if I use the column notation

| LEFT                           |               RIGHT                           |
 TOTAL COUNTRY  | 01-01-2010    |  01-02-2010    |  03-10-2010  |  05-10-2010   | TOTAL | TESTCOL|
=================================================================================================
 TOTAL ENGLAND  | 10           |  30            | 20          |  10           |  70    |   10%  |     
 TOTAL AFRICA   | 20           |  60            | 40          |  40           |  160   |    30% | 
 TOTAL INDIA    |  2           |  2             |  2          |   4           |        |        |
 TOTAL JAPAN    | 30           |  40            | 50          |  11           |  16%   |    60% | 
 TOTAL RUSSIA   | 30           |  50            | 20          |  12           |  112   |    10% |

If u see the above output...there are some blanks for the row INDIA for the computed columns TOTAL and TESTCOL. Ideally it should have a values as per the computed column logic implemented. Is there any way to resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
RECAP INDIA/D12 = R2/R1; OVER

Have you tried
COMPUTE INDIA/D12 = R2/R1; OVER
instead?

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I can't use the COMPUTE because in FML in order to create customized row I should use RECAP. If I use its throwing error.

One question I have can we display a normal by across report and a normal matrix report side by side...like below. I know using match I can achieve it but since I'm using the FML I'm facing a problem while calling two request in a single MATCH FILE request.

Note: I'm using FML to bring the Across report

Report1 Across Report:

INDIA  GERMANY RUSSIA
      CAR   --------------------------
      BMW    10    20      30 
      JAGUAR 10    20      30
      MIPS   10    20      30

Report2 Normal matrix report:

CITY  STATE 
        ------------
        10     20 
        20     30